|Ab urbe condita||2776|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4719 or 4659
— to —
癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
4720 or 4660
|- Vikram Samvat||2079–2080|
|- Shaka Samvat||1944–1945|
|- Kali Yuga||5123–5124|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 35
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 112
|Thai solar calendar||2566|
|Unix time||1672531200 – 1704067199|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2023.|
2023 (MMXXIII) will be a common year starting on Sunday (dominical letter A) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2023rd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 23rd year of the 3rd millennium, the 23rd year of the 21st century, and the 4th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- OSIRIS-REx is expected to return with samples from the Asteroid Bennu in the Apollo group.
- Kanal İstanbul will be finished.
- London's new £4.1 billion "super sewer" will be finished, upgrading the existing Victorian infrastructure.
- The Compact of Free Association between the United States and the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands expires.
- Due to the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, assuming that there are no further changes in copyright law in the United States, Walt Disney's Steamboat Willie as well as two other Mickey Mouse short films released in 1928 will fall into the public domain in the United States.
- According to words of Turkey's president (formerly a prime minister) Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, if the countries of the European Union will not accept Turkey as a member before the year 2023, Turkey would no longer be a candidate to the union.
- "Better roads, rail travel and new river crossings in spending boost for London | Politics | News | London Evening Standard". Thisislondon.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.