|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2023.|
2023 (MMXXIII) will be a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2023rd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 23rd year of the 3rd millennium, the 23rd year of the 21st century, and the 4th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 15 – April 15 – Expo 2023 is scheduled in Buenos Aires.
- November 7 - Elections in the United States will select 2 state governors and various state and local officials.
- OSIRIS-REx is expected to return with samples from the Asteroid Bennu in the Apollo group.
- Kanal İstanbul will be finished.
- London's new £4.1 billion "super sewer" will be finished, upgrading the existing Victorian infrastructure.
- The Compact of Free Association between the United States and the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands expires.
- According to words of Turkey's president (formerly a prime minister) Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, if the countries of the European Union will not accept Turkey as a member before the year 2023, Turkey would no longer be a candidate to the union.
- Sweden is likely to become a cashless society by 2023, according to a prediction by then deputy governor Cecilia Skingsley of Riksbank.
- "Argentina elected host country of Specialised Expo 2023". Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "OSIRIS-REx Factsheet" (PDF). NASA/Explorers and Heliophysics Projects Division. August 2011.
- "Better roads, rail travel and new river crossings in spending boost for London | Politics | News | London Evening Standard". Thisislondon.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Riksbank predicts Sweden will be 'cashless' within five years". Reuters. December 4, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.