|Ab urbe condita||2773|
|Balinese saka calendar||1941–1942|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己亥年 (Earth Pig)|
4716 or 4656
— to —
庚子年 (Metal Rat)
4717 or 4657
|- Vikram Samvat||2076–2077|
|- Shaka Samvat||1941–1942|
|- Kali Yuga||5120–5121|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 32|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 109|
|Thai solar calendar||2563|
2146 or 1765 or 993
— to —
2147 or 1766 or 994
|Unix time||1577836800 – 1609459199|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2020.|
2020 (MMXX) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 20th year of the 3rd millennium, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2020s decade.
- May 17 – Dominican Republic presidential election.
- July 24 – August 9 – The 2020 Summer Olympics will be held in Tokyo, Japan.
- October 18 – The 2020 ICC T20 World Cup will be held in Australia in 8 cities.
- October 20 – The 2020 World Expo will open in Dubai.
- November 3 – United States presidential election.
- December 31 – If implemented, the Brexit transition period will expire.
- ESA's ExoMars Rover launches from Earth.
- Planned initial observations by the Square Kilometre Array radio telescope.
- Planned launch of NASA's Mars 2020 mission to study the habitability of Mars and prepare for future human missions.
- Planned launch of the unmanned Euclid spaceprobe to study dark energy.
- The Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository was scheduled to begin accepting nuclear waste.
- Earliest year that power aboard the space probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is expected to terminate (though either probe may function past this date).
- Estimated completion date for the Compass navigation system.
- Liberia will become the first nation in Africa to completely stop cutting down its trees in return for development aid – Norway will pay the impoverished country $150m to stop deforestation by 2020.
- According to UN Climate Chief Christiana Figueres, 2020 is a critical year to limit climate change and avoid irreversible effects.
- The Large Hadron Collider will be substantially upgraded.
- Estimated completion date for the Jeddah Tower in Saudi Arabia, which is expected to become the tallest building in the world and the first to reach 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) in height.
- Estimated completion of the Aegis Ashore missile defense system in Poland.
- According to Indian government report, 21 cities' groundwater will run out by 2020.
- Britain announced in 2010 that it would withdraw troops from Germany in 2020 for the first time since WWII. The order was later cancelled.
- "Olympics 2020: Tokyo wins race to host Games - BBC Sport". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-09-07. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Expo 2020 Dubai, First World Expo in the Middle East". Bie-paris.org. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- esa. "Second ExoMars mission moves to next launch opportunity in 2020". European Space Agency.
- "Overview - 2020 Mission Plans". Mars.nasa.gov. NASA. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "NRC inspector general: Chairman withheld information in Yucca shutdown". The Daily Caller. 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "China GPS rival Beidou starts offering navigation data". BBC News. BBC. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Liberia signs 'transformational' deal to stem deforestation". BBC. 23 September 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "A group of prominent scientists says we have three years to save the planet from irreversible destruction".
- "New skyscraper set to dwarf the world's tallest tower". Network Ten.
- "Poland Says U.S. Missile Shield Site Delayed Until 2020". usnews.com. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Staff, Scroll. "Video: 21 Indian cities will run out of groundwater in 2 years, says a government report". scroll.in. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- (www.dw.com), Deutsche Welle. "Britain to pull last troops out of Germany earlier than planned | DW | 20.10.2010". DW.COM. Retrieved 2018-10-03.