|Ab urbe condita||2773|
|Balinese saka calendar||1941–1942|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己亥年 (Earth Pig)|
4716 or 4656
— to —
庚子年 (Metal Rat)
4717 or 4657
|- Vikram Samvat||2076–2077|
|- Shaka Samvat||1941–1942|
|- Kali Yuga||5120–5121|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 2|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 109|
|Thai solar calendar||2563|
2146 or 1765 or 993
— to —
2147 or 1766 or 994
|Unix time||1577836800 – 1609459199|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2020.|
2020 (MMXX) will be a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 20th year of the 3rd millennium, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2020s decade.
- January 11 – Taiwanese general election.
- March 2 – Yahoo! Time Capsule opens.
- May 7 – United Kingdom local elections.
- May 12 – May 16 – The Eurovision Song Contest 2020 will be held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- May 17 – Dominican Republic presidential election.
- June 12 – July 12 – The UEFA Euro 2020 will be held in 12 European Countries.
- July 24 – August 9 – The 2020 Summer Olympics will be held in Tokyo, Japan.
- October 18 – The 2020 ICC T20 World Cup will be held in Australia in eight cities.
- October 20 – The 2020 World Expo will open in Dubai.
- November 3 – United States presidential election.
- December 31 – If implemented, the Brexit transition period will expire.
- ESA's ExoMars Rover launches from Earth.
- Planned launch of NASA's Mars 2020 mission to study the habitability of Mars in preparation for future human missions.
- Earliest year that power aboard the space probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is expected to terminate (though either probe may function past this date).
- Estimated completion date for the Compass navigation system.
- Liberia will become the first nation of the world to completely stop cutting down its trees in return for development aid – Norway will pay the impoverished country $150 million to stop deforestation by 2020.
- According to UN Climate Chief Christiana Figueres, 2020 is a critical year to limit climate change and avoid irreversible effects.
- The Large Hadron Collider will be substantially upgraded.
- Estimated completion of the Aegis Ashore missile defense system in Poland.
- According to a Indian government report, 21 cities will run out of groundwater by 2020.
- Earliest date for planned launch of NASA's Artemis 1 mission to the Moon to test the Space Launch System rocket.
- LaFleur, Louise (August 30, 2019). "Rotterdam to host Eurovision 2020!". Eurovision.tv.
- "Olympics 2020: Tokyo wins race to host Games - BBC Sport". Bbc.co.uk. September 7, 2013. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "Expo 2020 Dubai, First World Expo in the Middle East". Bie-paris.org. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- esa. "Second ExoMars mission moves to next launch opportunity in 2020". European Space Agency.
- "Overview - 2020 Mission Plans". Mars.nasa.gov. NASA. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "China GPS rival Beidou starts offering navigation data". BBC News. BBC. December 27, 2011. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- "Liberia signs 'transformational' deal to stem deforestation". BBC. September 23, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "A group of prominent scientists says we have three years to save the planet from irreversible destruction".
- "Poland Says U.S. Missile Shield Site Delayed Until 2020". usnews.com. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Staff, Scroll. "Video: 21 Indian cities will run out of groundwater in 2 years, says a government report". scroll.in. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- Harwood, William. "Trump adds $1.6 billion to NASA budget request to kick start 'Artemis' moon mission – Spaceflight Now". Retrieved June 12, 2019.