|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||384.523 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Benzoylfentanyl, also known as phenylfentanyl, is an opioid analgesic that is an analog of fentanyl and has been sold as a designer drug. In the United States, benzoylfentanyl was first identified in Drug Enforcement Administration drug seizures in 2018.
Side effects of fentanyl analogs are similar to those of fentanyl itself, which include itching, nausea and potentially serious respiratory depression, which can be life-threatening. Fentanyl analogs have killed hundreds of people throughout Europe and the former Soviet republics since the most recent resurgence in use began in Estonia in the early 2000s, and novel derivatives continue to appear. A new wave of fentanyl analogues and associated deaths began in around 2014 in the US, and have continued to grow in prevalence; especially since 2016 these drugs have been responsible for hundreds of overdose deaths every week.
- Noble, Carolina; Weihe Dalsgaard, Petur; Stybe Johansen, Sys; Linnet, Kristian (2018). "Application of a screening method for fentanyl and its analogues using UHPLC-QTOF-MS with data-independent acquisition (DIA) in MSE mode and retrospective analysis of authentic forensic blood samples". Drug Testing and Analysis. 10 (4): 651–662. doi:10.1002/dta.2263. PMID 28834382.
- Pierzynski HG. Tips for Interpreting GC-MS Fragmentation of Unknown Substituted Fentanyls. Cayman Chemical, 23 August 2017
- "Emerging Threat Report: Annual 2018" (PDF). Special Testing and Research Laboratory, Drug Enforcement Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-08-01. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- Jane Mounteney; Isabelle Giraudon; Gleb Denissov; Paul Griffiths (July 2015). "Fentanyls: Are we missing the signs? Highly potent and on the rise in Europe". International Journal of Drug Policy. 26 (7): 626–631. doi:10.1016/j.drugpo.2015.04.003. PMID 25976511.
- Armenian P, Vo KT, Barr-Walker J, Lynch KL (2017). "Fentanyl, fentanyl analogs and novel synthetic opioids: A comprehensive review". Neuropharmacology. 134 (Pt A): 121–132. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2017.10.016. PMID 29042317. S2CID 21404877.
- Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice (2018). "Schedules of Controlled Substances:Temporary Placement of Fentanyl-Related Substances in Schedule I. Temporary amendment; temporary scheduling order". Federal Register. 83 (25): 5188–92. PMID 29932611.
- European Commission. Notification detail. Government Decree amending Annex IV to the Government Decree on substances, preparations and plants to be classified as narcotics The following 9 new substances are classified: 4-chloro-isobutyrfentanyl, 4-Fluoro-isobutyrfentanyl, 3-phenylpropanoylfentanyl, benzodioxole fentanyl, benzoyl fentanyl, cyclopentyl fentanyl, cyclopropyl fentanyl, methoxyacetyl fentanyl and tetramethylcyclopropyane fentanyl. 12 September 2017
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden. 14 nya ämnen kan klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara. 14 October 2017