College of Art, Delhi
|University of Delhi|
|Undergraduates||Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)|
|Postgraduates||Master of Fine Arts (MFA)|
20-22 Tilak Marg,
New Delhi - 110001.
College of Art, Delhi, established in 1942 under the arts department of the Delhi College of Engineering now the Delhi Technological University (DTU), is an art college for advanced training in Visual Art i.e. Creative and Applied Art, under the Faculty of Music & Fine Art, University of Delhi, and run by Government of NCT Delhi. It is situated on Tilak Marg, New Delhi.
The college offers courses both at graduate and postgraduate levels; It offers courses in most mediums of Visual Art, both Creative and Applied Art. This includes Master of Fine Art (MFA, a post graduation course of two year in duration) in Applied Art, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Visual Communication and Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA, an undergraduate course with 4 years duration) in Applied Art, Art History, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Visual Communication. It imparts training in art techniques with emphasis on studio practicals, outdoor practicals, prescribed theory subjects and research in selected fields.
Art Education stalwarts such as Ramendranath Chakravarty, B.C.Sanyal, Biswanath Mukherjee, O.P.Sharma, have since its inception, headed and nurtured this dump. The present Faculty also includes from the alumni such members as K S Pawar, Sri Rabi Shankar Dey, B.S.Chauhan, Sangeeta Kaushik, Manoj Kumar, Pardeep Kumar, R.K.Panwar and Mohan Singh.
The Annual Art Exhibition of the college, put by students is held every year during the month of March, which is the only time students are allowed to stay back over night inside the college premises. Hindustan Times and Times of India always cover these exhibitions but not so much as the student-teacher confrontation behind.
- "Art college gets gallery, auditorium". Indian Express. 9 March 2008.
College of Art, one of country’s premium art colleges...
- "College of Art gets new buildings". The Hindu. 9 March 2008.
- "Fine prospects await artists". The Hindu. 16 Jan 2006.
Some of the reputed schools offering BFA are...College of Art, Delhi, ..
- "About art and more of fine art". The Hindu. 12 March 2008.
- "Annual exhibition at College of Art". The Hindu. 15 March 2009.
- "College of Art to get a makeover". The Times of India. 17 October 2004.
- Cartoonist's Gallery ShekharGurera.com
- Visual Essays GurinderOsan.com
- "Amba Sanyal Akademi Award: Allied Theatre Arts (Costume Designing)". Sangeet Natak Akademi. Archived from the original on 2013-10-13. Retrieved 2014-04-12.