Kandassankadavu Boat Race
|Region||Kandassankadavu, Thrissur District, Kerala, India|
|Current champions||Mahadevan Chundan|
The Kandassankadavu Boat Race (Malayalam: കണ്ടശ്ശാംകടവ് ജലോത്സവം) is a popular Vallam Kali held in the Enamakkal Lake and Conolly Canal in Kandassankadavu of Thrissur District, Kerala, India. The race is conducted on the Thiruvonam day of the Onam festival followed by a 10-day festival. The trophy is known as Chief Minister's Ever-Rolling Trophy. Competitions were held for the Iruttukuthi and Churulan boats category.
The race was started in 1955 when the Kerala state was formed. Due to financial problems the boat race was stopped by the organisers for a long time. In 1n 2011, with the support of Government of Kerala, Thrissur District Tourist Promotion and Manaloor Grama Panchayat the race was restarted.
|2011||Chengannur Edakulam Junior CBS||Vadeka Attpuram Chundan|
|2012||Al Reyami Group||Chambakkulam Chundan|
|2013||Manappuram Group||Mahadevan Chundan|
|2014||Thayankari Boat club||Pulinkunnu Chundan|
Other races in Kerala
- Triprayar Boat Race
- Kumarakom Boat Race
- Nehru Trophy Boat Race
- President's Trophy Boat Race
- Aranmula Uthrattadi Vallamkali
- "Kandassankadavu Jalolsavam". CityJournal. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Chambakkulam Chundan wins boat race". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Jalolsavam to begin today". Asianet India. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Jalolsavam to begin today". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Chambakkulam Chundan wins Kandassankadavu boat race". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Snake Boat Races". Alappuzhaonline. Retrieved 2013-09-15.