|Member of the Bundestag|
|Assumed office |
|Born||28 February 1961|
Bad Schwalbach, West Germany
|Alma mater||Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz|
Early life and education
Willsch has been a member of the German Bundestag since the 1998 elections. In parliament, he first served on the Finance Committee from 1998 until 2002. He was a member of the Budget Committee between 2002 and 2013. Since 2013, he has been serving on the Committee on Economic Affairs and Energy. In this capacity, he is his parliamentary group's rapporteur on aviation and arms exports.
In addition to his committee assignments, Willsch chaired the German-Croatian Parliamentary Friendship Group between 2006 and 2010; he has been serving as deputy chairman ever since. Since 2014, he has been chairing the Berlin-Taipei Parliamentary Circle of Friends.
- go4copy.net eG, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Association of German Foundations, Member of the Parliamentary Advisory Board
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Systems and Design Technology (IPK), Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2012)
- Vietnamese-German University (VGU), Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2011)
- Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2006)
- Fraunhofer Society, Member of the Senate (2005-2010)
Within his party, Willsch is widely regarded a critic of chairwoman and Chancellor Angela Merkel. On July 17, 2015, he voted against the government’s proposal to negotiate a third bailout for Greece. In June 2017, he voted against Germany’s introduction of same-sex marriage. On 16 March 2018, he was one of three CDU members who broke ranks with their parliamentary group in not voting against a motion of the Alternative for Germany; instead they decided to abstain from the vote.
- Board of Trustees Berlin Social Science Center (WZB).
- Stefan Wagstyl (September 25, 2017), Merkel admits she has ‘polarised’ Germany as grip on power weakens Financial Times.
- Guy Chazan (February 13, 2018), German conservatives start to plan for life after Merkel Financial Times.
- Paul Carrel (July 17, 2015), German lawmakers back Greek bailout despite rebellion; Tsipras sacks dissenters Reuters.
- Diese Unionsabgeordneten stimmten für die Ehe für alle Die Welt, June 30, 2017.
- Matthias Kamann (March 17, 2018), Ein Loch in der Ablehnungsfront der Union Die Welt.
- Heimische CDU-Vertreter: Merz soll CDU-Chef werden Frankfurter Neue Presse, November 21, 2018.
- Klaus-Peter Willsch - Persönlich Archived 2012-03-28 at the Wayback Machine