Malaysia–New Zealand relations
Malaysia–New Zealand relations refers to foreign relations between Malaysia and New Zealand. Malaysia has a high commission in Wellington, and New Zealand has a high commission in Kuala Lumpur. Both countries are full members of the Commonwealth of Nations and Malaysia is important to New Zealand for strategic, political and economic reasons.
The relations are strong in business links as Malaysia were one of the influential member in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and best known to New Zealanders. In 2012, Malaysia was New Zealand's eighth-largest trading partner with Malaysia's exports comprising petroleum, computer and television equipment and palm oil worth around NZ$1.84 million while New Zealand exports to Malaysia are much higher standing at NZ$888 million consisting of dairy products, meat and scrap metal. A free trade agreement between the two countries was signed into force on 26 October 2009 in Kuala Lumpur. A number[clarification needed] of New Zealand companies have their significant present in Malaysia mainly in food sectors, telecommunications and ICTs as well the New Zealand urging more Malaysian investors to invest in New Zealand. Both countries' leaders were also engaged in frequent visits to boost their relations.
New Zealand Prime Minister Walter Nash visiting Kuala Lumpur in 1960.
Three flags dedicated to Australian, British and New Zealanders soldiers in Kundasang War Memorial, Ranau, Sabah, Malaysia.
- "Bilateral links with New Zealand". Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (New Zealand). 4 December 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Peter Sibon (3 November 2013). "NZ keen to enhance ties with Malaysia – With David Pine". The Borneo Post. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "New Zealand and Malaysia". New Zealand High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Fiona Acheson (12 July 2013). "Malaysia - the ties that bind". New Zealand Trade and Enterprise. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Malaysia High Commission in Wellington, New Zealand
- New Zealand High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|