|Product type||Peanut butter biscuits|
|Owner||Nabisco (a subsidiary of Mondelez International)|
Nutter Butter is an American sandwich cookie brand, first introduced in 1969 and currently owned by Nabisco, which is a subsidiary of Mondelez International. It is claimed to be the best-selling U.S. peanut butter sandwich cookie, with around a billion estimated to be eaten every year.
The distinctive design was thought to have been created by William A. Turnier but Nabisco maintains that there is "no way of knowing who came up with the actual visual concept".
In October 2018, Krispy Kreme released Nutter Butter and Chips Ahoy! doughnuts which joined the pre-existing Oreo doughnuts. The next year, in January 2019, chocolate fudge-covered Nutter Butters were released alongside similarly covered Oreos.
In May 2019, the CEO of Mondelez International, Dirk Van de Put announced in an interview with CNBC that the company was giving "serious consideration" to adding CBD to certain product lines such as Nutter Butter. He did however say that adding CBD to its family brands "may not be in the company's best interest".
- Kundu, Rhik (2 November 2018). "Mondelez set to bring global offerings to India". LiveMint. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "Oreos vs. Nutter Butters: The Showdown". Carter Blood Care. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "NUTTER BUTTER". Mondelez International Foodservice. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Stall, Sam; Harry, Lou; Spalding, Julia (2004). The Encyclopedia of Guilty Pleasures: 1001 Things You Hate to Love. Quirk Books. p. 193. ISBN 1931686548.
- Wallace, Emily (24 August 2011). "The story of William A. Turnier, the man who designed the Oreo cookie". Indy Week. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "Nutter Butter® Cereal". Post Consumer Brands. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Chips Ahoy! And Nutter Butter cookie cereals make their debut". Foodbev Media. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Walansky, Aly (14 December 2017). "Cookies for breakfast! Nutter Butter and Chips Ahoy cereals debut at Walmart". Today. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Blum, Sam (4 October 2018). "Krispy Kreme Is Unleashing New Nutter Butter and Chips Ahoy! Donuts". Thrillist. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Emery, Lea Rose (24 January 2019). "Fudge Covered Nutter Butters Have Hit Shelves & They Look Truly Decadent". Bustle. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Williams, Sean (18 May 2019). "3 Brand-Name Food and Beverage Companies That Want In on the Marijuana Craze". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "Half-baked? Oreo-maker Mondelez is considering adding CBD to its cookies and snacks". NBC News. 2 May 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2019.