This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
OptiRTC is an American technology company that has developed a software as a service platform for civil infrastructure. The OptiRTC platform is a cloud-native platform that integrates sensors, forecasts, and environmental contexts to actively control stormwater infrastructure. The OptiRTC platform is built on Microsoft Azure and uses internet of things technology to predicatively manage distributed water systems.
In June 2011, the OptiRTC team partnered with ioBridge to develop smart city tech based on ioBridge's hardware solution[buzzword] and OptiRTC's platform.
In November 2013, the OptiRTC team was assigned a patent for "Combined water storage and detention system and method of precipitation harvesting and management" that was co-invented by Marcus Quigley.
In November 2014, the New York Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) selected Opti technology as the winner of the first Smart City Expo World Congress.
In December 2014, OptiRTC was formally incorporated as an independent company through a spin-out from Geosyntec Consultants.
In January 2015, the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) published a research paper on High Performance Green Infrastructure, which focused primarily on distributed real-time control of stormwater infrastructure.
In January 2016, Opti began working with Particle to provide the communications layer for Opti's products.
In October 2018, Opti was commissioner by Albany’s Department of Water and Water Supply to install its underground smart water management system in Washington Park Lake as well as one of Albany’s constructed wetlands.
- ^ OptiRTC Platform Retrieved January 02, 2015
- ^ 5 Innovations in Cyber-Water Retrieved August 22, 2016
- ^ Internet of Everything Meets Water Retrieved December 30, 2014
- ^ Geosyntec, ioBridge to Develop Storm Water Management Technology Retrieved January 03, 2015
- ^ OptiRTC Patent Retrieved August 24, 2015
- ^ NYC EDC Selects Opti Technology Retrieved August 24, 2015
- ^ OptiRTC Inc Formed Retrieved December 30, 2014
- ^ WERF Report Retrieved January 11, 2015
- ^ How Opti Leverages the IoT to Improve Stormwater Management Retrieved August 18, 2016
- ^ Olick, Diana (2018-10-18). "Cities are using new cloud technology to fight increasingly expensive and catastrophic flooding". CNBC. Retrieved 2021-02-15.