|Launched||January 14, 2002|
|Owned by||Hillsong Church and Trinity Broadcasting Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
720p (HDTV and online)
|Country||United States and Australia|
|Formerly called||The Church Channel (2002-2016)|
|Available on full-power and some low-power stations in most markets in the U.S.||x.2 on most TBN owned-and-operated stations and affiliates; check local listings for stations|
|11082 H 22000 5/6|
|Channel 1123 (194 SD)|
The network originally launched on January 14, 2002 as The Church Channel, which was devoted primarily to carrying church service programs from various Christian ministries and denominations.
On March 9, 2016, TBN announced a partnership with the Sydney-based international congregation Hillsong Church, that would see The Church Channel will be re-branded as the Hillsong Channel—a network devoted to its ministry, teaching, and worship music. Originally announced to launch on June 15, 2016, the new channel officially launched on June 1, 2016 Some Church Channel programming remains on the schedule in off-peak hours.
Hillsong Channel is available over-the-air on digital subchannels of TBN stations, and via select U.S. cable providers, Dish Network, Glorystar (free-to-air Galaxy 19) and DirecTV, in the UK and Ireland on Sky and in many nations around the world via direct-to-home satellite, such as ABS1 to India and the Middle East, Hot Bird satellite to Europe, and Agila 2 satellite both C-band and Ku-Band signal in Asia and the Philippines. The network also livestreams its programming on its official website, along with TBN's streaming apps.
On June 24, 2016, Hillsong Channel was made available on Apple TV.
On July 24, 2016, a version of the channel launched in Australia on Fetch TV. On September 11, 2016 it was announced at Hillsong Church Services that Hillsong Channel would launch on satellite and cable pay television provider Foxtel on December 16, 2017. 13 October of that year Hillsong Channel was made available in Australia on Foxtel Channel 183.
An over-the-top subscription service, Hillsong Channel Now, launched in November 2017.
In late May 2019, Olympusat, the main provider of TBN's networks to cable providers in the United States (including Spectrum and Xfinity), discontinued carriage of the network, thus affecting carriage of Hillsong Channel to those systems.
Hillsong Channel programs a mix of original programming and outside televangelism, the latter of which is billed as "partner programs".
- Hillsong Church Services from worldwide Hillsong congregations, including London, Sydney, New York and Los Angeles.
- Best of Hillsong Conference
- Hillsong Conference Live
- What Do You See? with Robert Fergusson
- Brian Houston TV
- Colour Conference: Main Stage, Green Room, The Edition
- Chapel: The College Experience – Services and stories from the Hillsong International Leadership College
- What's Cooking with Young & Free – Cooking series with a comedic bent
- Hillsong Kids: A Big Life – Children's programme for ages 6–12
- Hillsong Kids Jr Cubby House – Children's programme for ages 3–5
- Sex, Love, and Relationships
- "Worship by Hillsong" – Music videos by Hillsong United, Hillsong Worship, and Hillsong Young & Free
- Pastor Robert Morris Ministries (sermons from Gateway Church)
- Elevation Church
- Joel Osteen
- Enjoying Everyday Life
Hillsong Channel also airs specials documentaries, other worship programming and music programming such as a special around Let There Be Light, along with other Hillsong events and short series.
- "TBN to stop carrying 'Coral Ridge Hour'". The Gazette. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Hillsong Launches 24/7 TV Channel Featuring Music, Bible Teaching". ChristianHeadlines.com. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Paulson, Michael (9 September 2014). "Megachurch With a Beat Lures a Young Flock". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Hillsong Church launches 'life-changing' new 24/7 TV channel". ChristianToday.com. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Hillsong Channel – live broadcast Hillsong Church, Worship, conferences and leadership resources for Apple TV by Hillsong Church". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Hillsong Channel now available on Fetch TV". Christian Today Ministries. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- @hillsong (24 July 2016). "Hey Australia! @HillsongChannel is now available on #FetchTV on CH 197! Get Fetch TV at fetchtv.com.au" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Hillsong Church - Spiritually Alive, Not Staying Alive". Youtube. Hillsong Church. 10 September 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Charter Communications - Upcoming Changes". City of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. 30 May 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2019.