Aktion National Airport
|Preveza National Airport
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner/Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Serves||Preveza / Lefkada, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
Aktion National Airport (IATA: PVK, ICAO: LGPZ) is an airport serving Preveza and Lefkada in Greece. It is also known as Preveza Airport. The airport is also used by NATO and Hellenic Air Force Command. The airport commenced operations in 1968.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Aktion National Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today," the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Aktion National Airport) for 40 years as of autumn 2016.
Future of the Airport - Fraport Greece’s investment plan
On 22 March 2017, the Fraport-Greece presented its master plan for the 14 regioal airports including the International Airport of Chania.
Immediate actions that will be implemented at the airports as soon as Fraport Greece takes over operations before the launch of the summer season include :
- General clean-up
- Improving lighting, marking of airside areas.
- Upgrading sanitary facilities
- Enhancing services and offering new free Internet connection (WiFi)
- Implementing works to improve fire safety in all the areas of the airports
The following summarizes the enhancement changes that will be started in Ocrober 2017 and will be implemented for Chania International Airport under Fraport Greece’s investment plan until 2021 :
• Terminal expansion by 2,381 m2 and refurbishment
• HBS inline screening
• Reorganizing airport apron area
• Refurbishing airside pavement
• 75 percent increase in the number of check-in counters (from 8 to 14)
• 60 percent increase in the number of departure gates (from 5 to 8)
• Doubling the number of security-check lanes (from 2 to 4)
Airlines and destinations
|Year||Flights||Passengers|| % Annual
- "AKTIO AIRPORT". ypa.gr. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Airport information for LGPZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for PVK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Fraport Greece’s Development Plan for the New Era at the Greek Regional Airports", fraport-greece.com
- "Blu-express open seasonal routes from Bologna to Greece". Blu-express.com.
- "Weekly BA Charter from Heathrow starting 25th May 2014". Charterflights.co.uk.
- "Flight Timetables – Oslo Airport". Osl.no.
- "Stavanger Airport". avinor.no. 10 May 2015.
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.
- "Charter Flight Timetables". manchesterairport.co.uk. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
|This article about an airport in Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ionian Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|