Radio City (Indian radio station)
|City||Bengaluru, Kanpur, India|
|Slogan||Rag Rag Mein Daude City|
|Frequency||91.1 FM, 104.8, 91.9 FM|
|First air date||July 2001|
|Owner||Music Broadcast Limited|
Radio City is India's first private FM radio station and was started on 3 July 2001. It broadcasts on 91.1 (earlier 91.0 in most cities) megahertz from Mumbai (where it was started in 2004), Bengaluru (started first in 2001), Lucknow and New Delhi (since 2003). It plays Hindi, English and regional songs. It was launched in Hyderabad in March 2006, in Chennai on 7 July 2006 and in Visakhapatnam October 2007. Radio City recently forayed into New Media in May 2008 with the launch of a music portal - PlanetRadiocity.com that offers music related news, videos, songs, and other music-related features. The Radio station currently plays a mix of Hindi and Regional music. Abraham Thomas is the CEO of the company. In 2010, Radio City launched its first web radio station Radio City Fun Ka Antenna and now they have 42 web radio stations.
Radio City operates in the following cities:
- Kanpur 
- Ajmer 
- Patiala 
- Kolhapur 
- Sangli 
The frequency of Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Vizag, Kota and Patiala radio station is 91.1, Kolhapur and Nashik station have the frequeny 95, Ajmer and Kanpur have the frequency 104.8, Madurai, Udaipur, Varanasi, Agra, Bareilly, Gorakhpur has the frequency 91.9.
Radio City Super Singer
Radio City Super Singer is a singing talent hunt by Radio City to discover the singing talent among its listeners. It was launched in 2011 in 14 cities - Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Visakhapatnam, Coimbatore and Pune.
Radio City School of Broadcasting
Radio City School of Broadcasting (RCSB) is an autonomous educational unit, instituted by Music Broadcast Limited (MBL) which owns and operates Radio City 91.1FM. It was launched on 3 February 2009. They offer a 6-month Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying and Radio Production.
|India's Best Companies to Work for Study ‘14||India's Best Company to work For 2014 - Rank 1 in Media|
|India's Best Companies to Work for Study ‘14||Engaging Frontline Staff -Rank 2|
|India's Best Companies to Work for Study ‘14||Rewards & Recognition -Rank 3|
|India's Best Companies to Work for Study ‘14||Fairness in Performance Management System- Rank 3|
Acquisition by Jagran Group
On 16 December 2014, media group Jagran Prakashan (JPL) announced acquisition of Music Broadcast Ltd, which operates the Radio City FM stations. Music Broadcast Ltd publicly listed its shares on 17 March 2017. The shares listed at a 26% premium above its issue price of Rs. 333/-.
Radio City Freedom Awards
Radio City Freedom Awards are a set of awards presented annually to recognize and honor independent music across genres like Hip-Hop, Folk Fusion, Pop, Rock, Metal and Electronica. It is an open competition that is not restricted to any specific language or region. Its aim is to promote fresh talent and encourage diverse music genres across the globe. The first Radio City Freedom Awards were held on 30 May 2013. The jury for the awards consisted of Atul Churamani, MIDIval Punditz, Luke Kenny, Yotam Agam & Nandini Srikar.
- "Radio City / Companies : Radio Gaga". India Today.
- "Radio City / Companies : India’s first pvt. FM goes on air". The Hindu.
- "Radio City / Companies : Abraham Thomas joins Radio City 91.1 FM as CEO". exchange4media.
- "Radio City launches its new FM station in Kanpur". exchange4media.com. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Radio City launches four new stations in Rajasthan". exchange4media.com. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Radio City 91.1 FM launches in Patiala". exchange4media.com. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Radio City launches new station in Kolhapur". radioandmusic.com. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- . radioandmusic / Companies : Sing your way to glory with Radio City Super Singer! http://www.radioandmusic.com/biz/radio/private-fm-stations/sing-your-way-glory-radio-city-super-singer-150819 / Companies : Sing your way to glory with Radio City Super Singer! Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- "Radio City / Companies : Radio City School of Broadcasting". Radioandmusic.
- "Radio City / Companies : Radio City 91.1 FM is the 'Best Company' in the Media & Entertainment sector". Afaqs. 30 June 2014.
- PTI. "Jagran group to acquire Radio City in all cash deal". The Hindu.
- "ETMarkets After Hours: Music Broadcast makes stellar debut; MTNL, ITC stocks surge". The Economic Times. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Radio City / Companies : Radio City Freedom Award strikes a popular note". bestmediainfo.
|This article related to radio stations in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|