Renault Sherpa 2
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Renault Sherpa Light Scout (former Sherpa 2)|
A Renault Light Scout APC on display.
|Type||Light tactical vehicle|
|Place of origin||France|
|In service||2006 - Present|
|Used by||See Users|
|Weight||7.7 to 9.8 t|
|Length||5,900 mm (232.3 in)|
|Width||2,200 mm (86.6 in)|
|Height||2,100 mm (82.7 in)|
|Crew||4 or 5|
|Armor||ballistic, mine and IED kits|
|up to 12.7 mm|
|Engine||Euro 3 or 5
215 hp (160 kW)
|800 to 900 km|
|Speed||110 to 120 km/h (68–75 mph)|
The Sherpa Light Scout (former Sherpa 2) is one of the six versions of the SHERPA LIGHT family of 4x4 tactical and light armoured vehicles developed by Renault Trucks Defense. Available in unarmoured or armoured variants (ballistic, mine and IED kits), the Scout is ideally suited for tactical missions such as scouting, patrol, convoy escort and command and liaison. It is able to transport up to 4 or 5 soldiers or a total payload of up to 4 tonnes.
Its vehicles are available to North American customers via MACK Defense under license.
- France - National Gendarmerie Intervention Group used SHERPA APC Assault ladder.
- Brazil - Federal Police Department
- Chile - Special Operations of Carabineros de Chile [ GOPE ]
- Egypt - Used by both the Egyptian Army and the National Police forces.
- India - National Security Guard
Comparable French military vehicles
Comparable military vehicles
- Oshkosh L-ATV (Winner of U.S. military's JLTV requirement (August 2015))
- Iveco LMV
- URO VAMTAC
Other Sherpa vehicles
- ARG. "Renault Sherpa 2 Light Utility Vehicle | Military-Today.com". www.military-today.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Sherpa 3A Renault Trucks Defense Armoured vehicle personnel carrier". Army Recognition. Archived from the original on September 15, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Lebanese Sherpas". 2014-07-06.
- "Egyptian defence ministry orders Renault Trucks Defense Sherpa Light Scout and MIDS vehicles". 2011-10-21. Archived from the original on September 15, 2012.
- "Renault APCs set for Indonesian army". Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Renault Trucks Defense Receives New Orders from Indonesia". Renault Trucks Defense. Army Technology. 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "NSG commandos get new counter-terror machine". 2013-10-28.
- "Oshkosh Beats Lockheed, AM General For Historic JLTV Win". Retrieved August 26, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renault Sherpa.|