Renault Sherpa 2
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Renault Sherpa Light Scout (former Sherpa 2)|
A Renault Light Scout APC on display.
|Type||Light tactical vehicle|
|Place of origin||France|
|In service||2006 - Present|
|Used by||See Users|
|Weight||7.7 to 9.8 t|
|Length||5,900 mm (232.3 in)|
|Width||2,200 mm (86.6 in)|
|Height||2,100 mm (82.7 in)|
|Crew||4 or 5|
|Armor||ballistic, mine and IED kits|
|up to 12.7 mm|
|Engine||Euro 3 or 5
215 hp (160 kW)
|800 to 900 km|
|Speed||110 to 120 km/h (68–75 mph)|
The Sherpa Light Scout (former Sherpa 2) is one of the six versions of the SHERPA LIGHT family of 4x4 tactical and light armoured vehicles developed by French company Renault Trucks Defense. Available in unarmoured or armoured variants (ballistic, mine and IED kits), the Scout is ideally suited for tactical missions such as scouting, patrol, convoy escort and command and liaison. It is able to transport up to 4 or 5 soldiers or a total payload of up to 4 tonnes.
In 2015, Avibras unveiled the TUPI 4x4 armored vehicle under cooperation between Avibras and Renault. Based on the Sherpa Light Scout chassis, it is meant to be marketed to the Brazilian Army for a new Wheeled Multirole Light Armored Vehicle.
- Police, a 3 doors version designed for counter-terrorism with maximum 8 crews.
- Assault Ladder, designed for anti aircraft hijack which have modular platform with hydraulic ramp and ladders up to 8,5 m.
- Scout, a 4 doors vehicle designed for recon, patrol, surveillance, CP with maximum 5 crews.
- Station Wagon, a 5 doors version of Scout
- Weapon System Carrier with maximum 3 crews to carry weapon on top of vehicle
- Brazil: Federal Police of Brazil
- Chile: Used by Carabineros de Chile's GOPES, first purchased in 2014.
- Egypt: Used by both the Egyptian Army and the National Police forces.
- France: GIGN is equipped with Sherpa APCs equipped with assault ladders. French special forces equipped with the PLFS – Poids Lourd des Forces Spéciales, based on the Sherpa 2 chassis.
- India: National Security Guard and Central Industrial Security Force.
- Kuwait: 240 Sherpas sold to Kuwait.
- Mexico: The MACK Sherpa Scout is used by the Mexican Naval Infantry.
- ARG. "Renault Sherpa 2 Light Utility Vehicle | Military-Today.com". www.military-today.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Sherpa 3A Renault Trucks Defense Armoured vehicle personnel carrier". Army Recognition. Archived from the original on September 15, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Egyptian defence ministry orders Renault Trucks Defense Sherpa Light Scout and MIDS vehicles". 2011-10-21. Archived from the original on September 15, 2012.
- Frédéric, Lert (13 February 2017). "French Special Forces receive their first new PLFS vehicles". Bordeaux: IHS Jane's. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "NSG commandos get new counter-terror machine". 2013-10-28.
- "Renault APCs set for Indonesian army". Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Renault Trucks Defense Receives New Orders from Indonesia". Renault Trucks Defense. Army Technology. 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Lebanese Sherpas". 2014-07-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renault Sherpa.|