|Public (LSE: SGRO)|
|Headquarters||Slough, England, UK|
|Nigel Rich, Chairman
David Sleath, CEO
|Revenue||£290.0 million (2014)|
|£719.8 million (2014)|
|£682.0 million (2014)|
SEGRO plc (formerly known as Slough Estates) is a property investment and development company. It develops and invests in property located in the UK and Continental Europe focusing on edge of town flexible business space. The firm switched to Real Estate Investment Trust status when REITs were introduced in the United Kingdom in January 2007. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. It is the largest industrial property company in Europe and is the owner of The Slough Trading Estate - the largest trading estate under single ownership in Europe.
The Company was founded by Sir Percival Perry and Noel Mobbs in 1921 as The Slough Trading Company Ltd with the objective of acquiring and developing the site now occupied by the Slough Trading Estate in Slough.
SEGRO owns commercial and industrial properties in the UK, France, Czech Republic, Poland, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. The Company's original investment, Slough Trading Estate (operated by Slough Trading Estate Ltd, a subsidiary of SEGRO) is the largest trading estate in Europe under single ownership. Among sites owned in the UK are ones in London, Thames Valley and Heathrow.
Unlike many other property companies, which have chosen to contract out the management of their assets, SEGRO have always managed their properties directly.
The Company's portfolio (including joint venture assets) was valued at £4.4bn at 31 December 2014.
- "Preliminary Results 2014" (PDF). Segro. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Our history". Segro. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Land Securities and Slough Estates agree property swap". Investegate. 15 November 2004. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Best may be over in dash by companies to convert to REITs". The Independent. 3 January 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Segro reaches agreement to buy struggling rival Brixton". The Times. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Cassell, Michael Long Lease! The Inside Story of Slough Estates, Pencorp Books 1991