Swarna Jayanti Express
- Ranchi or Hatia - Jharkhand Swarna Jayanti Express
- Thiruvananthapuram Central (via Kollam Junction, Ernakulam)
- Sambalpur as Hirakud Swarna Jayanti Express, later shortened to Hirakud Express, is also introduced as part of the Swarna Jayanti Express series. Under the political pressure the train extended farther to Bhubaneswar and later to Visakhapatnam and Amritsar.
- Ahmedabad Swarna Jayanti Rajdhani Express is also part of the Swarna Jayanti Express series. This is the only Swarna Jayanti with fully air conditioned coaches along with Rajdhani status.
- Millennium Express to Ernakulam is part of this series.
This train runs from Nizamuddin on Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays and Saturdays and in return it runs from Mysore on Fridays, Trivandrum on Tuesdays, Vizag on Sundays and Kolhapur on Fridays. This train runs via:
- (Karnataka) - Hassan, Hubli, Belgaum
- (Maharashtra) - Miraj, Pune, Daund, Manmad, Bhusaval
- (Madhya Pradesh) - Itarsi Junction, Bhopal Junction, Bina, Gwalior Junction,
- (U.P.) - Jhansi, Agra and Mathura.
- (Kerala)- Kollam Junction, Alappuzha, Ernakulam Junction, Shornur Junction, Palakkad Junction
Back in the days of maroon-colored coaches and vacuum-braked stock, Mysore and Visakhapatnam Swarna Jayanti Expresses ran with a red, white, and blue livery, until all coaches were made back into the air-braked blue coaches.