|First service||5 April 2016Inaugural run) (|
1 April 2018 (Extended to Jhansi Junction)
|Current operator(s)||Indian Railways IRCTC|
|Start||H. Nizamuddin (NZM)|
|Stops||Agra & Gwalior|
|Distance travelled||403 km (250 mi)|
|Average journey time||4h 25m|
|Service frequency||Except Friday|
|Train number(s)||12049 / 12050|
|Class(es)||Executive Class Premium Class|
|Catering facilities||On-board catering|
|Observation facilities||Large windows in all carriages|
|Baggage facilities||Overhead racks|
|Other facilities||Smoke Alarms |
Passenger Information System
|Rolling stock||LHB rake|
|Track gauge||Indian Gauge|
1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)
|Operating speed||Max: 160 km/h (99 mph)|
Avg: 91 km/h (57 mph)
|Track owner(s)||Indian Railways|
Gatimaan Express is India's first semi-high speed train that runs between Delhi and Jhansi.   The train takes 265 minutes to cover the 403 km (250 mi) journey from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Jhansi Junction railway stations with an average speed of 91 km/h (57 mph) from 1 April 2018.
In October 2014, the railways applied for safety certificate from Commission of Railway Safety to start the service. In June 2015, the train was officially announced. The train was launched on 5 April 2016 and completed its maiden journey between Nizamuddin and Agra Cantt within 100 minutes. But due to very less occupancy, Indian Railways first extended this train from Agra to Gwalior on 19 February 2018 and then to Jhansi on 1 April 2018.
Gatimaan Express is regularly hauled by a WAP 5 electric locomotive from Ghaziabad Loco Shed. Four dedicated WAP-5 locomotives 30007, 30014, 30020 & 30086 from Ghaziabad (GZB) Electric locomotive Shed are used to haul this train in both directions. These locomotives are equipped with TPWS (Train Protection and Warning System).
- AC Superfast Express
- Bullet train (Mumbai-Ahmedabad)
- Vande Bharat Express
- Tejas Express
- Humsafar Express
- Mahamana Express
- Double Decker Express
- Duronto Express
- Rajdhani Express
- Shatabdi Express
- Jan Shatabdi Express
- Garib Rath Express
- Ramayana Express
- Antyodaya Express
- Uday Express
- Yuva Express
- Train 20
- "12049 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "12050 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Gatiman Express". Trains Of India. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Train to be named Gatimaan Express". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". Zee News. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Delhi To Agra In 100 Minutes: Gatimaan Express hits tracks next week". Indian Express. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". India Today. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Gatimaan Express, India's Fastest Train, To Debut On Tuesday". NDTV. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Gatimaan Express reaches Agra within targeted 100 minutes". India Today. 5 April 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2016.