A WAP5 hauled Gatimaan Express
|Service type||Gatimaan Express|
5 April 2016Inaugural run) (|
1 April 2018 (Extended to Jhansi Junction)
|Current operator(s)||Northern Railway|
|Distance travelled||403 km (250 mi)|
|Average journey time||4h 25m|
|Service frequency||Daily (Except Friday) (- because Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays)|
|Train number(s)||12049 / 12050|
|Class(es)||Executive Chair Car , AC Chair Car|
|Observation facilities||LHB large windows|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
160 km/h (99 mph)|
112 km/h (70 mph)
Gatimaan Express is India's first semi-high speed train that runs between Delhi and Jhansi. It operates at a maximum speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) and is currently the fastest train in India. The train takes 265 minutes to cover the 403 km (250 mi) journey from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Jhansi Junction railway stations with an average speed of 112 km/h (70 mph), from 1st April 2018.
In October 2014, the railways applied for safety certificate from Commission of Railway Safety to start the service. In June 2015, the train was announced officially announced. The train was launched on 5 April 2016 and completed its maiden journey between Nizamuddin and Agra Cantt within 100 minutes.
The train has two Executive AC Chair Car and eight AC Chair Car coaches. The train is equipped with bio-toilets, fire alarms, GPS-based passenger information system and automatic sliding doors. The train has train hostesses for service, similar to airlines and the passengers get access to free Wi-Fi and multimedia content. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are available in North Indian and South Indian variations.
On an average, Gatimaan Express (Train No - 12050) arrives 2 minutes earlier at Jhansi Railway Station than its scheduled time.
The train leaves Hazrat Nizamuddin at 8:10 am IST and reaches Jhansi at 12:35 pm IST. Departure from Jhansi is at 3:05 pm IST reaching Nizammudin at 7:30 pm IST.
Gatimaan Exp. has a total of 10 coaches. Two of them are executive AC chair car and rest eight are AC chair car.
Gatimaan Express is regularly hauled by WAP 5 electric locomotive from Ghaziabad Loco shed. The locomotive is equipped with TPWS (Train Protection and Warning System).
- "12049 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "12050 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Train to be named Gatimaan Express". The Hindu. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". Zee News. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Delhi To Agra In 100 Minutes: Gatimaan Express hits tracks next week". Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". India Today. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Gatimaan Express, India's Fastest Train, To Debut On Tuesday". NDTV. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Gatimaan Express reaches Agra within targeted 100 minutes". India Today. 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Gatimaan Express - A High Speed Luxury Train Journey". www.indianluxurytrains.com. Retrieved 2017-10-04.