A WAP5 hauled Gatimaan Express
|First service||5 April 2016Inaugural run) (|
1 April 2018 (Extended to Jhansi Junction)
|Current operator(s)||Indian Railways|
|Stops||Agra & Gwalior|
|Distance travelled||403 km (250 mi)|
|Average journey time||4h 25m|
|Service frequency||Except Friday|
|Train number(s)||12049 / 12050|
|Class(es)||AC Chair Car |
Executive Chair Car
|Catering facilities||On-board catering|
|Observation facilities||Large windows in all carriages|
|Baggage facilities||Overhead racks|
|Other facilities||Smoke Alarms |
Passenger Information System
|Rolling stock||LHB rake|
|Track gauge||Indian Gauge|
1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)
|Operating speed||Max: 160 km/h (99 mph)|
Avg: 91 km/h (57 mph)
|Track owner(s)||Indian Railways|
Gatimaan Express is India's first semi-high speed train that runs between Delhi and Jhansi. It operates at a maximum speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) and is currently the second fastest train in India after Train 18.The train takes 265 minutes to cover the 403 km (250 mi) journey from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Jhansi Junction railway stations with an average speed of 91.25 km/h (56.70 mph) from 1 April 2018.
In October 2014, the railways applied for safety certificate from Commission of Railway Safety to start the service. In June 2015, the train was officially announced. The train was launched on 5 April 2016 and completed its maiden journey between Nizamuddin and Agra Cantt within 100 minutes.
In this train locomotive WAP 5 engine is used. Three dedicated WAP-5 locomotives 30007, 30020 & 30086 from Ghaziabad (GZB) Electric locomotive shed are used to haul this train in both the directions. All coaches are LHB coaches. There are 12 coaches including 2 Luggage cum generator vans known as End-On-Generator vans (EOG). 8 coaches are AC Chair Car while remaining 2 coaches are AC Executive Chair Car. The train also uses almost same livery as used by Shatabdi Express with an additional yellow band.
|1||H Nizamuddin||NZM||150 km/h||NR||Delhi|
|2||Agra Cantt||AGC||100 km/h||NCR||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|3||Gwalior Junction||GWL||80 km/h||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|4||Jhansi||JHS||80 km/h||Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
As the whole route is electrified the, three dedicated WAP-5 locomotives 30007, 30020 & 30086 from Ghaziabad (GZB) electric locomotive shed are used to haul this train in both the directions.
The train has two Executive AC Chair Car and eight AC Chair Car coaches. The train is equipped with bio-toilets, fire alarms, GPS-based passenger information system and sliding doors. The train has train hostesses for service, similar to airlines and the passengers get access to free Wi-Fi and multimedia content. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are available in North Indian and South Indian variations.
On an average, Gatimaan Express (Train No - 12050) arrives 2 minutes earlier at Jhansi Railway Station than its scheduled time.
The train leaves Hazrat Nizamuddin at 8:10 am IST and reaches Jhansi at 12:35 pm IST. Departure from Jhansi is at 3:05 pm IST reaching Nizammudin at 7:30 pm IST.
Average delay of 12050 - Gatimaan Express for the year 2017 is 27 minutes 
Gatimaan Exp. has a total of 10 coaches. Two of them are executive AC chair car and rest eight are AC chair car.
Gatimaan Express is regularly hauled by WAP 5 electric locomotive from Ghaziabad Loco shed. Three dedicated WAP-5 locomotives 30007, 30020 & 30086 from Ghaziabad (GZB) Electric locomotive shed are used to haul this train in both the directions. The locomotives are equipped with TPWS (Train Protection and Warning System).
- "12049 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "12050 Schedule / Time Table". railenquiry.in. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Train to be named Gatimaan Express". The Hindu. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". Zee News. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Delhi To Agra In 100 Minutes: Gatimaan Express hits tracks next week". Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Delhi-Agra semi-high speed train to be named Gatimaan Express". India Today. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Gatimaan Express, India's Fastest Train, To Debut On Tuesday". NDTV. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Gatimaan Express reaches Agra within targeted 100 minutes". India Today. 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "12050 Gatimaan Express Last Year's Train Running History / Archive". runningstatus.in. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Gatimaan Express - A High Speed Luxury Train Journey". www.indianluxurytrains.com. Retrieved 2017-10-04.