The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
|The Tom and Jerry Show|
|Created by||Bob Jaques|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry
by William Hanna
|Directed by||Darrell Van Citters, Bob Jaques|
|Theme music composer||Scott Bradley (arranged by Andy Sturmer)|
John Van Tongeren
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||35 (62 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21–22 minutes (2 11 minute segments or 3 7 minute segments)|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|First shown in||2014|
|Original release||March 1, 2014– present|
|Preceded by||Tom and Jerry Tales (2006–2008)|
The Tom and Jerry Show is a 2014 American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. It had its world premiere on the Canadian channel Teletoon on March 1, 2014, and premiered on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014. The second season premiered on February 6, 2016.
The series follows the antics of Tom in his pursuit of Jerry. However, during the first season, episodes followed one of four different scenarios, including:
- Tom and Jerry's antics in a traditional sense. (This scenario is now being used for Season 2.)
- Tom and Jerry being pets to two witches named Beatie and Hildie.
- Tom and Jerry working together by operating an agency called "The Cat and Mouse Detectives," complete with a narrator.
- Jerry living in a lab with a rat companion named Napoleon, and Tom being an alley cat.
||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (June 2016)|
- William Hanna (Archive audio; Uncredited) - Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse, Tyke
- Rick Zieff - Spike, Barkley the Dog, Skid, Dutch, Santa
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin - Ginger
- Stephen Stanton - Rick (season 2)
- Jason Alexander - Rick (season 1)
- Kath Soucie - Tuffy, Mimi, Aunt Claire, Cozette, Gigi
- Rene Mujica - Newt, Bear, Tom's 7th Life
- Billy West - George, Mighty Mouse
- Cree Summer - Beatie, Mammy Two Shoes, Pearl Pureheart
- Rachael MacFarlane - Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria - Butch, Jeff, Meathelda
- Gary Cole - "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell - "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Tom Kenny - Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy
- Nika Futterman - Polly
- Doug Erholtz - Uncle Pecos
- Alicyn Packard - Toodles, Madame Beta, Matalyn
- Simon Helberg - Napoleon, My Bot-y Guard
- Jeff Bergman - Droopy, Old Mcdonald
- Crispin Freeman - Barney Bear
- Frank Welker - McWolf
- Sam Kwasman - Quacker
- Dave B. Mitchell - Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook, Rat, Meathead
- Eric Bauza - Screwy Squirrel, Broke
- Phil Lollar - Frank, Crooked Eddie
- Julie Wittner - Bunny, Roxie, Misty
- Rob Paulsen - Scarf
- Dave Wittenberg - Morizzio
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Clint Clobber
- Robin Atkin Downes - Large Marvin
- Charlie Schlatter - Grayson
- Kari Wahlgren - Toots
- Catherine Cavadini - Toodles' Mom
- Trevor Devall - Toodles' Dad
- Tress MacNeille - Joan
- John Michael Higgins - Uncle Harry
- Robbie Daymond - SiFu, Batboy, Ramone
Cartoon Network announced that a new show, which consists of 26 episodes containing 52 11-minute shorts, "will preserve the look, core characters and sensibility of the original theatrical shorts."
Entitled The Tom and Jerry Show, the series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Darrell Van Citters is also the director of the series. The Tom and Jerry Show was originally intended to be a 2013 Cartoon Network premiere before being pushed back to April 9, 2014. This is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. This show is rated TV-PG, a first for the Tom and Jerry series.
Home media release
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season One Part One — Frisky Business||13||September 23, 2014|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season One Part Two — Funny Side Up||13||January 13, 2015|
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season Two Part One||13||TBA|
|The Tom and Jerry Show — Season Two Part Two||13||TBA|
The Tom and Jerry Show first premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. The series premiered on April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it began airing on April 12, 2014 on Boomerang. It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network in India. In Australia, Cartoon Network premiered it on May 5, 2014. The series began airing on Boomerang in the United States on January 5, 2015.
- Tom and Jerry
- Tom and Jerry Comedy Show
- Tom & Jerry Kids
- Tom and Jerry Tales
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Coming to Cartoon Network". Big Cartoon News. October 8, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Upfront Presentation 2013". About.com. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "New Tom and Jerry Show - The Tom and Jerry Show Videos – Cartoon Network". Cartoonnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Tom and Jerry Show: Season 1 Part 1". amazon.com.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Season One Part Two: Funny Side Up DVD". Blu-ray.com.
- "March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corus Entertainment. February 19, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (March 26, 2014). "'Tom and Jerry Show' Premieres April 9 on Cartoon Network". Animation World Network. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Turner UK Unveils 2014 Programming Slate: 4 New Shows For Cartoon Network, New 'Tom & Jerry' Series & More". TV Wise. March 10, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- BusinessofCinema News Network (April 19, 2014). "The Tom And Jerry Show Makes A Come Back On Cartoon Network". Business of Cinema. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- DHiggins (May 5, 2014). "New this week: Continuum, Secret Meat Business, House of Cards finale & Powerpuff Girls 15th anniversary". Foxtel. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Boomerang TV Schedule". LocateTV. December 24, 2014.