|Industry||Car sharing, Peer-to-peer car rental, Collaborative consumption|
|Founder||Oscar Ellison |
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin|
|Oscar Ellison (Founder & CEO)|
|Services||Peer-to-peer car rental, Car sharing, Car rental|
|Owner||OE Capital, JUCY|
Number of employees
Yourdrive is a New Zealand peer-to-peer carsharing company. It facilitates a system in which individuals may rent their privately owned vehicles on an hourly, daily or weekly basis to other registered users of the service. Owners set their rental prices and earn a 60 percent commission from the rental revenue. It currently operates throughout New Zealand with vehicles in Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin.
Peer-to-peer carsharing is an example of collaborative consumption, where assets and skills are shared or traded between neighbours for sustainability and economic benefit. Although car sharing is relatively new in New Zealand it is an area that is being encouraged due to the environmental and economic benefits. Auckland Transport is promoting a scheme that would drastically increase the number of car sharing vehicles.
- Peer-to-peer car rental
- Collaborative consumption
- Alternatives to the automobile
- Car Rental
- Success by sharing the experience NZ Herald
- Yourdrive, New Zealand's first peer to peer vehicle sharing company Sustainable Business Network.
- FAQ for Owners, Yourdrive.
- "Making money from your unused car". Stuff. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Botsman, Rachel and Rogers, Roo (2010). What's Mine is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption. HarperCollins.
- Project NZ: Accelerating Smart Transport in New Zealand Baker, L. & Ayers, M.
- "Electric car share scheme". Auckland Transport. Retrieved 19 April 2015.