Nanjing Lukou International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|Nanjing Lukou International Airport
Nánjīng Lùkǒu Guójì Jīchǎng
|IATA: NKG – ICAO: ZSNJ|
|Location||Lukou, Jiangning District|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||15 m / 49 ft|
|Num. of Flights||128,440|
|Source: Civil Aviation Administration of China 2012 Civil Airport Turnover Ranking|
Nanjing Lukou International Airport (IATA: NKG, ICAO: ZSNJ) is the main airport serving Nanjing (capital of China's Jiangsu province), and a major airport serving the Yangtze River Delta area. It is located in the suburban Jiangning District, over 35 km south of the city center, connected to Nanjing and neighboring towns by expressways. A railway Ninggao Intercity Line is being built to link the airport with Nanjing South Railway Station.
- 1 Composition
- 2 Airlines and destinations
- 3 Ground Transportation
- 4 Urban Terminals in Neighboring Cities
- 5 Nearby Hotels
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The airport now has one terminal (floor space 132,000 square meter, 16 boarding bridges), one runway (3600-meter long, 60-meter wide, 4E rating), one taxiway (3600-meter long, 45-meter wide), a cargo center (ca. 34,000 square meter), and an apron (447,000 square meter).
Currently under construction is the phase 2 expansion, which includes:
- A second terminal (263,000 square meter floor space, 35 boarding bridges, annual capacity 18 million passengers).
- A new 4F-rating runway and a parallel taxiway.
- 20 aircraft parking positions.
- A transportation center, which seats a train station, a coach station, a Pullman Hotel, and shopping and dining facilities.
- A 11,000 square meter new carpark.
Airlines and destinations
|China Airlines Cargo||Taipei-Taoyuan, Zhengzhou|
|China Postal Airlines||Beijing-Capital, Changsha, Chengdu, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai-Pudong, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Weifang, Wuhan, Xi'an|
|Singapore Airlines Cargo||Anchorage, Los Angeles, Singapore, Xiamen|
City to Airport
- Nanjing South Railway Station to Airport: 6:00-21:00, every 20 min, duration 40 min.
- Nanjing Railway Station East Square to Airport (with a stop at 221 Middle Longpan Road): 5:40-21:00, every 20 min, duration 80 min.
Airport to City
- Line 1: 30 min after the first landing, to the last landing of the day (stops: Yuhua Square, Qinhong Bridge, Xihuamen, Nanjing Railway Station), max. interval 30 min.
- Line 2: 9:30-22:30 (stops: Cuipingshan Hotel, Nanjing South Railway Station, Zhonghuamen Subway Station), max. interval 30 min.
The first phase of Ninggao Intercity Rail Line, also called Line 6 of Nanjing Metro, links the airport to Nanjing South Railway Station. Test operation of the line has been slated for May 2014, and formal operation should start mid 2014, in conjunction with the opening of Terminal 2. Operation time is scheduled to be 6AM to 12PM at 5-min intervals in the early period. It takes approx. 20 min from the airport to Nanjing South Railway Station, where transferring to high-speed trains and other subway lines and buses are convenient.
Taxi is easily accessible outside the arrivals hall. Fare between the airport and city area ranges between ¥80 to ¥120.
There is a small coach station at the south end of the arrivals hall, providing bus service to the following destinations:
- Yangzhou, 12 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥65;
- Yixing, 9 shuttles daily, duration 90 min, fare ¥50;
- Zhenjiang, 9 shuttles daily, duration 90 min, fare ¥60;
- Ma'anshan, 9 shuttles daily, duration 1 h, fare ¥40;
- Wuhu, 9 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥60;
- Huai'an, 8 shuttles daily, duration 3 h, fare ¥90;
- Tianchang, 8 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥70;
- Wuxi, 6 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥70;
- Jiangyin, 6 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥70;
- Changzhou, 6 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥55;
- Chuzhou, 6 shuttles daily, duration 1.5 h, fare ¥60;
- Shuyang, 5 shuttles daily, duration 3.5 h, fare ¥95;
- Suqian, 5 shuttles daily, duration 4 h, fare ¥95;
- Taizhou, 4 shuttles daily, duration 2.5 h, fare ¥80;
- Danyang, 4 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥60;
- Yangzhong, 4 shuttles daily, duration 2 h, fare ¥60;
- Liyang, 4 shuttles daily, duration 1.2 h, fare ¥45;
- Tongling, 4 shuttles daily, duration 3 h, fare ¥90;
- Xuancheng, 4 shuttles daily, duration 2.5 h, fare ¥60;
- Lianyungang, 2 shuttles daily, duration 5 h, fare ¥120.
The airports operates 14 "urban terminals" (Chengshi Houjilou) in these neighboring cities: Wuxi, Yixing, Huai'an, Yangzhou, Zhenjiang, Wuhu, Ma'anshan, Chuzhou, Xuancheng, Suqian, Shuyang, Jiangyin, Tianchang. At the urban terminals passengers can print out boarding pass, check real-time flight information, and take shuttle bus to the airport. The airport also operates four urban cargo stations in Suzhou, Wuxi, Xuancheng, and Yangzhou.
- Nanjing Airport Hotel  The 3-star hotel (Nanjing Konggang Binguan) is within easy reach of the terminal building. The Chinese restaurant mainly serves Huaiyang and Sichuan cuisines, with local fare playing supporting roles on the menu.
- Nanjing Chenhong Huayuan Hotel  The closest 4-star standard hotel to the airport, only 5 km away, with a golf course nearby.
- Fairmont Nanjing : the closest luxury hotel to Nanjing Lukou Airport, Nanjing South Railway Station, Nanjing International Expo Center, and Nanjing Olympic Sports Center.
- Fraser Suites Nanjing : Serviced apartments located in the new Central Business District.
- Crowne Plaza Nanjing Jiangning  is a lakeside 5-star hotel located at the heart of Jiangning District, with direct subway connection to the city center.
- Jinling Resort Nanjing  is the closest 5-star hotel to the airport, surrounded by Baijia Lake.
- Jiulonghu Hotel (Jiulonghu Binguan) is a 3-star hotel located on Suyuan Dadao in Jiangning district, very close to the airport.
- Ibis Nanjing Zhonghua Road  is located near the Confucious Temple and Qinhuai River, areas rich in historical heritage.
- Jinling Hotel , located at the very center of the city, is one of China's oldest 5-star hotel, and still a pre-eminent hotel in Nanjing.
- InterContinental Nanjing  is located in the tallest building in the city (7th tallest in the world).
- Nanjing Grand Hotel, a 5-star hotel for international business and leisure customers. It is strategically located in the city's busy downtown area, right next to the Provincial Sports Center and adjacent to two renowned universities and the biggest hospital of the Jiangsu Province of which Nanjing is the capital.
- Nanjing Dajiaochang Airport
- Nanjing Luhe Airport
- List of airports in China
- List of the busiest airports in the People's Republic of China
- 南京开建地铁机场线 第一次地铁将抵达机场. 中国江苏网,2011-12-28
- "中国民用航空局2012年全国机场统计公报" (in Mandarin). Civil Aviation Administration of China. 2013-03-25. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "大校场机场" [Dajiaochang Airport]. Nanjing City Chronicles (in Chinese). Nanjing City Government. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "南京禄口国际机场二期扩建" (in Mandarin). 江苏省统计局. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "南京禄口机场二期主体工程完成近80%". 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Amnatcharoenrit, Bamrung (2 October 2012). "AirAsia flies out of Don Mueang without a hitch". The Nation (Bangkok). Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "南京禄口国际机场机场大巴" (in Mandarin). Nanjing Lukou International Airport. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "机场线"宝石绿"列车今日高架段试跑". 金陵晚报. 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "南京禄口国际机场机场至周边城市班车时刻表" (in Mandarin). Nanjing Lukou International Airport. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "南京禄口国际机场机场周边城市候机楼" (in Mandarin). Nanjing Lukou International Airport. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Nanjing Lukou International Airport (official website)
- Airport information for ZSNJ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.