Odessa International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
|Odesa International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса»
Международный аэропорт «Одесса»
|IATA: ODS – ICAO: UKOO|
|Elevation AMSL||172 ft / 52 m|
Odessa International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса», Russian: Международный аэропорт «Одесса») (IATA: ODS, ICAO: UKOO) is an airport located 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest from the centre of Odessa, Ukraine.
It serves both domestic and international flights. Airport's runways either were or are co-used by the Ukrainian Air Force.
The airport was built in 1961. In 2009, the airport served 651,000 passengers.
The area of Odessa International airport is 570 hectares. The airport concerns to group of the largest airports of Ukraine and connects Odessa by airlines with many cities of Ukraine and CIS, Western Europe, Asia and Africa.
Technical service of airport is based on 2800 square meters area and represented by 4 parking places to provide technical service to 4 planes simultaneously. European standards classify the airport as "class 1".
In May 2007, the airport started construction work that includes extending the main runway. The airport has ILS CAT I status.
June 8, 2012 The Campaign for reconstruction of the airport, the day the builders started to prepare the land on which the new terminal will be built. Area of the new terminal will be 26,000 square meters, the capacity of 1000 people per hour (1.5-2 million passengers per year), will be installed 16 check-in desks, 4 telescopic gangway, and the number of outputs to board the buses will be increased from 2 to 5. The construction of the new terminal is planned to be completed by the end of 2013. It will serve both international and domestic flights. The estimated cost of the work is around 45-60 million. The first sum to start work in the amount of 360 million hryvnia (~ 45 million) has been transferred to the investor in the authorized capital of LLC "Airport Odessa." Airport Consulting Vienna company has developed a master plan, business plan and evaluation of the technical concept of the airport, and the chief designer of the project was a Spanish company Ineco.
Airlines and destinations
operated by Rossiya
|Seasonal: St Petersburg|
|Astra Airlines||Seasonal charter: Thessaloniki|
|Khors Air||Seasonal: Dubrovnik, Tivat|
|LOT Polish Airlines||Warsaw-Chopin|
operated by Lufthansa CityLine
operated by Khors Air
|Transaero Airlines||Moscow-Domodedovo , Moscow-Vnukovo|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Baku, Istanbul-Atatürk, Kiev-Boryspil, Moscow-Domodedovo, Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion, Vienna
Seasonal charter: Barcelona, Heraklion, Podgorica
Seasonal charter: Antalya
|Wind Rose Aviation||Seasonal charter: Sharm el-Sheikh|
- EUROCONTROL basic
- Ukraine travel guide dompavlov.com - Odessa International Airport
- "Schedule". Dniproavia. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "flydubai doubles Russia and Ukraine network". Arabian Aerospace. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Авіакомпанія Lufthansa з 31 березня відновить польоти в Одесу". РБК - Україна. 12 March 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- L, J (26 September 2013). "Transaero Adds New Routes from Moscow Domodedovo in W13". Routesonline / Routes. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "МАУ рассматривает возможность запуска рейса "Львов — Москва"". Портал Дело.ua. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "МАУ запускают рейс Одесса-Стамбул". ООО «Коммерсантъ-Украина». 12 April 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "АВИАКОМПАНИЯ «ЯМАЛ» 27 ИЮЛЯ ВОЗОБНОВИЛА РЕЙСЫ ПО МАРШРУТУ ОДЕССА-МОСКВА.". Odessa International Airport. Retrieved 29 July 2013.