|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||441 ft / 134 m|
Allakaket Airport (IATA: AET, ICAO: PFAL, FAA LID: 6A8), is a state-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) north-northwest of the central business district of Allakaket, a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is sometimes referred to as the New Allakaket Airport because it was constructed on a site southeast of the original airport which is now closed.
Facilities and aircraft
Allakaket Airport has one runway designated 5/23 with a gravel surface measuring 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 2,270 aircraft operations, an average of 189 per month: 53% air taxi, 46% general aviation and 1% military.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Wright Air Service||Bettles, Fairbanks, Hughes|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Fairbanks, AK||Fairbanks International Airport (FAI)||1,620|
|2||Hughes, AK||Hughes Airport (HUS)||30|
|3||Bettles, AK||Bettles Airport (BTT)||10|
|4||Huslia, AK||Huslia Airport (HSL)||10|
- FAA Airport Master Record for 6A8 ( PDF), effective 2008-07-31.
- Preliminary CY 2007 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. 2017-01-10.
- AET: Allakaket Airport, Alaska. Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- PFAL: Allakaket Airport, Alaska. AirNav.com. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- Annotated aerial photo showing new airport southeast of old airport. WikiMapia. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Schedule". Wright Air Service. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Akiak, AK: Akiak (AKI)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2015. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 6A8, effective November 8, 2018
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an Alaska airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area, Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|