|Owner||Alaska DOT&PF - Central Region|
|Elevation AMSL||18 ft / 5 m|
Chignik Airport (ICAO: PAJC, FAA LID: AJC) is a state-owned, public-use airport two nautical miles (3.7 km) northeast of the central business district of Chignik, a city in the Lake and Peninsula Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, this airport had 800 commercial passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, a decrease of 21% from the 1,017 enplanements in 2007. Chignik Airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (2009–2013), which categorizes it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Chignik Airport has one runway designated 2/20 with a gravel surface measuring 2,600 by 60 feet (792 x 18 m). The airport is unattended. For the 12-month period ending January 31, 2008, the airport had 2,120 aircraft operations, an average of 176 per month: 67% air taxi and 33% general aviation.
Airlines and destinations
|Grant Aviation||Chignik Lagoon, Chignik Lake|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||King Salmon, AK||King Salmon Airport||160|
|2||Chignik Lake, AK||Chignik Lake Airport||30||Grant|
|3||Perryville, AK||Perryville Airport||20|
|4||Port Heiden, AK||Port Heiden Airport||20|
|5||Chignik Lagoon, AK||Chignik Lagoon Airport||20||Grant|
|6||Dillingham, AK||Dillingham Airport||10|
|3||South Naknek, AK||South Naknek Airport||10|
- Chignik Bay Seaplane Base (IATA: KBW, FAA LID: Z78)
- Chignik Fisheries Airport (IATA:
KCG, FAA LID: KCG)
- Chignik Lagoon Airport (IATA: KCL, FAA LID: KCL)
- Chignik Lake Airport (IATA: KCQ, FAA LID: A79)
- FAA Airport Master Record for AJC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective January 5, 2017.
- CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data (Preliminary). Federal Aviation Administration. Published 15 July 2009.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. Published 1 Oct 2008.
- "Grant Aviation Schedule". (retrieved January 15, 2017)
- "Chignik, AK: Chignik ()". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- Airport diagram for Chignik (AJC) (GIF). FAA, Alaska Region. 25 Dec 2003.
- Resources for this airport: