|• Total||110,963 |
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
The main economic activity in Bomet is agriculture. Tea is mostly grown in the eastern region of the district bordering the Mau forest. Farmers in the tea producing region sell their produce to KTDA (Kenya Tea Development Agency) factories such as those at Kapset, Mogogosiek, Rororok, Kapkoros and Tirgaga located in Bomet county. There are also other multinational tea companies such as George Williamson, Unilever and James Finlay (Kenya) Limited which have tea factories in the county.
Tenwek Hospital is a 300-bed hospital and training center located in Bomet. In addition to being the area's primary hospital, Tenwek serves as a referral hospital.
High Schools in Bomet
- Longisa Boys High School
- Sigor High school
- Kamureito High School
- Kabusare Secondary School
- Olbutyo Boys High School
- Saseta Girls Secondary School
- Tenwek High School
- Chemaner High School
- Kimuchul Secondary School
- kipsuter boys secondary school
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- Electoral Commission of Kenya: Registration centres by electoral area and constituency Archived 2008-06-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Kenya - Tenwek Hospital - World Gospel Mission". www.wgm.org. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
|This Rift Valley Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|