Kabile Island from English Strait.
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Area||19 ha (47 acres)|
|Length||0.7 km (0.43 mi)|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Kabile Island (Ostrov Kabile 'os-trov ka-bi-'le) is an Antarctic island extending 700 m (770 yd) in south-north direction and 450 m (490 yd) wide, situated off the north coast of Greenwich Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. It has a surface area of 19 hectares (47 acres).
The island is located at Pavlikeni Point, 1 km (0.62 mi) north of Crutch Peaks, 200 m (220 yd) northwest of Miletich Point, and 2.5 km (1.6 mi) west-southwest of Ongley Island (Chilean mapping in 1966, British mapping in 1968 and Bulgarian in 2009).which is 950 m (1,040 yd) east of
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer: Kabile Island.
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Greenwich Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|