Location of Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Valchedram Island (Bulgarian: остров Вълчедръм, ‘Ostrov Valchedram’ \'os-trov 'v&l-che-dr&m\) is an ice-free island off the north coast of Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica extending 280 m (310 yd) in southeast-northwest direction. The feature is named after the town of Valchedram in northwestern Bulgaria.
The island is located 1.55 km (0.96 mi) northwest of Cape Shirreff and 2.2 km (1.4 mi) north-northeast of San Telmo Island (British early mapping in 1822, Chilean in 1971, Argentine in 1980, and Bulgarian in 2009.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-954-92032-9-5 (First edition 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4)
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). Since 1993, regularly upgraded and updated.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Smith Island. Scale 1:100000 topographic map. Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2017. ISBN 978-619-90008-3-0
- Valchedram Island. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- Valchedram Island. Copernix satellite image
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|