Location of Kilifarevo Island in the South Shetland Islands
|Area||11 ha (27 acres)|
|Length||0.64 km (0.398 mi)|
|Width||0.35 km (0.217 mi)|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Kilifarevo Island (Bulgarian: остров Килифарево, ‘Ostrov Kilifarevo’ 'os-trov ki-li-'fa-re-vo) is an ice-free island in the Aitcho group on the west side of English Strait in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. The island is situated 850 m (930 yd) northwest of Jorge Island, 460 m (500 yd) north of Riksa Islands and 350 m (380 yd) southeast of Morris Rock. Extending 640 by 350 m (700 by 380 yd), surface area 11 hectares (27 acres). The area was visited by early 19th century sealers.
The island is located at. Bulgarian mapping in 2009.
- Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- Kilifarevo Island. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Greenwich Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|