List of The Skull Man anime characters
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is the list of characters in the 2007 anime series The Skull Man. Where appropriate, English names are on the left while the original Japanese names are on the right.
- Skull Man (スカルマン Sukaru Man?)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Tsuchida
- A mysterious man in skull shaped mask making appearances in Ōtomo City and rumored to have been killing numerous victims in the city, especially those roaming at night. He is believed to be the missing Tatsuo Kagura at first, but late in the series, Father Yoshio Kanzaki, a close friend of Hayato's, reveals himself as the true Skull Man and explains that the only people he has been killing are those who are members of a new cult who transform into monsters. After Yoshio's death, Hayato becomes Skull Man himself and saves Maya from the ritual, for Yoshio's sake. The Skull Man is actually not a person, but an ancient helmet that grants the user supernatural abilities and deadly weapons. At one point, Kiriko's brother Jin dresses up in a fake Skull Man suit and uses it to commit murders, but the real Skull Man shows up later and kills him.
- Hayato Mikogami (御子神 隼人 Mikogami Hayato?)
- Voiced by: Makoto Yasumura
- Hayato Mikogami once lived in the orphanage in Ōtomo City. After being adopted and raised, he left Ōtomo to move to Tokyo so he can work for a famous newspaper. Years later at 23 years old, he is working for a second rate newspaper and with permission leaves to go back to Ōtomo City to search for the legendary figure, Skull Man who by rumors had recently killed an actress. While on the train trip, he meets young Kiriko who doesn't have the correct passport to get into the city and he helps her in by presenting a business card of Gōzō. Later, after getting comfortable into his old house, he gets locked outside due to Kiriko's tantrum. Without realizing, he breaks the midnight curfew and witnesses a man who is running away from someone. The man injures Hayato after he tries to help him but the man is killed by the Skull Man. Hayato collapses on scene, pinning him to the murder but is let off due to this ties with Gōzō.
- Hayato is a care-free guy who smokes and is constantly annoyed by Kiriko. Later he develops a close friendship with her. At the end of the series, Hayato takes up the mantle of the Skull Man against the original's warning, mortally wounding himself when he overuses the mask's powers. For reasons unexplained, the white mask turns black in the rising sunlight before a mysterious group, later revealed to be Black Ghost, picks him up and converts him into a cyborg.
The Ōtomo Concern
- Masaki Kumashiro (神代 正樹 Kumashiro Masaki?)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Secretary of the Australian branch. He is an illegitimate child of Australian origin. On the surface, he was in accordance with the Kuroshio, start your own actions, such as contact with the military gradually. Term used to refer to human beings with supernatural powers that appeared. Meanwhile, the overwhelming combat capability, because if there is no mask, force can not be controlled, the new human body actually causes a runaway.
- Akira Usami (宇佐神 明 Usami Mei?)
- Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Researcher from Ōtomo Pharmaceutical, he was engaged in several mysterious acts, and contacted Hayato to reveal important information to him. Unfortunately, he was murdered by the fake Skull man along with his accomplice Masaki Kumashiro in the fifth night.
- Gōzō Kuroshio (黒潮 豪蔵 Kuroshio Gōzō?)
- Voiced by: Osamu Saka
- A 58-year-old acquaintance of Hayato and leader of the Ōtomo Concern. While he pretends to be a philanthropist on the outside, he is directly involved with the incident from ten years ago, and is not below using dirty means such as assassination to advance his own agenda.
- Eimei Fumakoshi (英明 船越 Hideaki Funakoshi?)
- Voiced by: Yousuke Akimoto
- Gōzō's assistant and a secretary of the Ōtomo Concern.
- Taekumi Kusaka (日下 匠 Kusaka Takumi?)
- Voiced by: Katsuhisa Houki
- The 53-year-old Mayor of Ōtomo City. One of the spokesperson of the Ōtomo Concern. During the plot of assassination and the fatal car mishap, he was killed by the fake Skull Man on the sixth night.
- Tsuyoshi Shinjou (新條 剛 Shinjō Tsuyoshi?)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
- A detective in the Ōtomo City Police, he's assigned to watch and keep tabs on Hayato Mikogami, but he becomes involved in the Skull Man affair as he comes across several suspicious events and crime scenes of the Skull Man's victims. In the twelfth night, he manages to rescue the children of Kanzaki's orphanage from Sirks 02 attacks, escaping from Ōtomo along with those citizens that have not been converted into (human beast) GRO. With Reina Shingyoji's help, he survives a later attack by the Sirks and GRO, finding out what GRO's are on the twelfth night as well. In the thirteenth night, he said the word of acceptance: "Without intent, I gave her the energy to live". After everything is over, he joins Tokyo's police office along with Reina Shingyoji.
- Gisuke Haniwa (埴輪 儀助 Haniwa Tadashi Suke?)
- Voiced by: Shinpachi Tsuji
- Ōtomo City police chief. Alleged crew mastermind, vice versa but he has also assassinated on the orders of the Kuroshio... Tatsuo Kagura, and "too much always says", Kuroshio was amazed his way. But the statement according to him, "I had been the mistress of a popular actress Yui Onizuka. I run the gamut embezzlement of goods and looting on the battlefield, of wrongdoing, such as bribery, tried to accused, at the time delivered to the forefront over the stigma of Gyakuzoku (Kyōichirō Taichigi). It's just I have a past that was killed to feed the camp not satisfied, but also his family". When the police station was attacked in the military coup on the twelfth night, but ask for help in the Kuroshio, was shot dead in trees that has infiltrated the police station abandoned, tries to bolt and take money.
G. R. O.
- Reina Shingyoji (真行寺 麗奈 Shingyõji Rena?)
- Voiced by: Michiko Neya
- A mysterious beauty and a transmutation to become a Were-beast. Tetsurou's sister. One of The Skull Man's assistants frequently seen riding a motorbike.
- Tetsurou Shingyouji (真行寺 徹郎 Shingyōji Tetsurō?)
- Voiced by: Hideki Tasaka
- A mysterious man. A quiet, there is an extraordinary physical strength but also a transmutation to become a Were-beast. Reina's brother. One of the Skull Man's assistants.
- Kiriko Mamiya (間宮 霧子 Mamiya Kiriko?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
- A 16-year-old girl aspiring to be a photographer. Hayato helps her get into the city, and she decides to stick to him and help him in his work. She actually enters the city to look for a friend of hers, Jin, who was with her in the resistance and disappeared two years ago.
- Father Yoshio Kanzaki (神崎 芳生 Kanzaki Yoshio?)
- Voiced by: Masayuki Katou
- A 23-year-old priest working at an orphanage, and a childhood friend of Hayato. Revealed late in the series to be the Skull Man.
- Kyōichirō Tachigi (立木 恭一郎 Tachigi Kyōichirō?)
- Voiced by: Katsunosuke Hori
- Kyōichirō Tachigi is a 70-year-old self-styled private detective who arrives to Ōtomo City on the same train as Hayato Mikogami and Kiriko Mamiya. He is a private investigator who seems to have ulterior motives of catching Skull Man.
- Yui Onizuka (鬼塚 結衣 Yui Onizuka?)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
- Another actress and a friend of the late Hitomi. It has been shot dead by the fake Skull Man in the third night.
- Sayoko Karasuma (烏丸 小夜子 Sayoko Karasuma?)
- Voiced by: Yumi Kakazu
- Yui's assistant. A mutant who transformed to protect Yui, but is killed by the Skull Man in the third night.
- Mitsuo Yamaki (山木 光男 Yamaki Mitsuo?)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
- Ōtomo City police detective. Tsuyoshi's friend.
- Kōichi Kami (神 晃一 Kami Kōichi?)
- Voiced by: Kenji Matsuda
- Akira's assistant and co-researcher of Ōtomo Pharmaceutical.
- Sara Kuroshio (黒潮 サラ Kuroshio Sara?)
- Voiced by: Kazue Komiya
- Gōzō's wife. She is the chairwoman of the religious organization Byakureikai (or White Bell Association).
- Maya Kuroshio (黒潮 マヤ Kuroshio Maya?)
- Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa
- Gōzō's 17-year-old daughter. Despite her weak health she secretly helps out at the orphanage, apparently due to her attraction to Kanzaki. She is also deeply involved with the Byakureikai (White Bell Association) sect.
- DJ "Jin" (also known as Jin Mamiya) (間宮 ジン Mamiya Jin?)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Imaruoka
- Kiriko's brother. appeared in the sixth and seventh night.
- Hitomi Tachibana
- An actress who is killed days prior to the start of the story.
- Tatsuo Kagura
- Allegedly killed in an arson case ten years ago, but rumored to be alive and seeking revenge. Hayato believes this person to be the prime suspect for the identity of the Skull Man.
A large multinational corporations (There is no official set of dark illusion that is the name of society) that are considered the ostensible name of a secret society called "The Black Phantom". Weapons are running gait is a special unit that consists of a multi-legged cyborg equipped with weapons and laser (Sirks).
The Black Ghost that appeared in Cyborg 009 model (black ghost). It is when the literal translation BLACK GHOST initials next to the same BG (Brain Gear), also translated into English and Kuroki illusion.
- Arcade "Karl" Van Vogout (also known as Alucard Van Vuoguto) (アルカード・ヴァン・ヴォグート Arukādo Vu~an Vu~ogūto?)
- Voiced by: Unsho Ishizuka
- A mysterious person that appeared from the seventh night. He is a conglomerate executives called the Brain Gear.
- Helen (ヘレン Helen?)
- Voiced by: Satsuki Yukino
- A mysterious woman to serve as secretary of Vogout that appeared from the seventh night. Its identity as well as Vogout members of a secret organization called "The Black Phantom".
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo
- Specification of infighting cyborg soldier who belongs to Sirks. Blaine's private troops gear that appeared from the tenth night. He is a de facto leader of Sirks. They suffer the Skull Man's mask that mimics the clown everyone. While summarizing the 02-05, Vogout contact, there is a depiction like you're enjoying the battlefield.
- Voiced by: Chafurin
- A cyborg soldier that specializes in search operation ability belonging to Blaine's private troops gear that appeared from the tenth night, the Sirks.
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata
- A cyborg soldier specification submarine warfare troops belonging to private companies appearing brain gear from the tenth night, the Sirks.
- Voiced by: Nobuo Tobita
- A cyborg soldier Hosen specifications belonging to Blaine's private troops gear appeared in the tenth night, the Sirks.
- Voiced by: Akio Ohtsuka
- A cyborg soldier specification Melee combat troops belonging to private companies appearing the Brain Gear from the tenth night, the Sirks.
- Dr. Gamo Whiskey (ガモ·ウィスキー博士 Gamo Wisukī Hakase?)
- Voiced by: Seizo Katou
- A doctor who made the Sirks's 01-05. He had been optimistic caught immediately if the Skull Man, Sirks returned the words "and who did not know the battlefield" is from Vogout. When Sirks was wiped out, show a great disappointment, but enraged words of Vogout ruthless, and was convinced once for "The Black Ghost".
- Voice of the Directive (指令の声 Shirei no Koe?)
- Voiced by: Iemasa Kayumi
- An unidentified mysterious person to tell Vogout directive to use the phone.
- Brain Gear Commander (BG総帥 BG Sōsui?)
- Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
- Appeared in the final night at the end of the story.
- The tyrannical leader of an evil organization called the Black Ghost Organization prior to the end of the story.