MTV Music (Australia and New Zealand)
|Launched||3 December 2013 (Australia)
1 December 2015 (New Zealand)
|Owned by||VIMN International|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Replaced||MTV Hits (Australia)
MTV Hits & MTV Classic (New Zealand)
|SKY Network Television||Channel 022|
|Vodafone InHome TV||Channel 22|
On 29 October 2013, MTV announced they had been working with Foxtel since early 2013 to offer more diversity on the Foxtel platform, as their two current music dedicated channels – MTV Classic and MTV Hits – fought for the same audience as Foxtel Networks channels MAX and [V] Hits respectively. As such, it was decided that MTV Classic and MTV Hits would cease broadcasting on the Foxtel platform to be replaced by two new MTV channels. The channel to replace MTV Hits was MTV Music, the same name of the number one UK music channel, which will feature pop, rock, urban and alternative music.
- "MTV Dance and MTV Music to hit Foxtel this December!". MTV Australia. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Reid, Poppy (29 October 2013). "EXCLUSIVE: MTV AUSTRALIA TO LAUNCH TWO NEW CHANNELS – MTV MUSIC AND MTV DANCE". The Music Network. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- FetchTV (16 December 2013). "Fetch TV". Facebook. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Davidson, Darren (16 December 2013). "Fetch muscles up before a Foxtel grab". The Australian. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Sky TV (4 November 2015). "New channel alert! MTV NZ is mixing it up with the world's greatest music from the 90s to today - MTV Music launches 1 December on channel 022.". Facebook. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "MTV Music". Sky TV. Retrieved 22 November 2015.