|Headquarters||Ho Chi Minh City|
Miss Vietnam is a beauty contest in Vietnam that was held for the first time in 1988. This contest was initiated and organized by Tien Phong newspaper. The current Miss Vietnam is Đỗ Mỹ Linh, from Hanoi.
Miss Vietnam is the first nationwide beauty contest after the unification of Vietnam. The contest was initiated and organized by Tien Phong newspaper, called "Miss Tien Phong newspaper", starting from 1988 and is held every 2 years. The first person to hold the title is Bui Bich Phuong.
From 2002, the contest was officially renamed as "Miss Vietnam". From 2002 to 2006, Miss Vietnam winners represented Vietnam at Miss World. In 2008, due to her incomplete high school education, Trần Thị Thùy Dung was not sent to Miss World 2008. Since then, no Miss Vietnam titleholders have participated in the international pageant.
|1988||Bùi Bích Phương||Ha Noi||Youth Cultural Palace, Ha Noi|
|1990||Nguyễn Diệu Hoa||Ha Noi||Vietnam-Soviet Friendship Cultural Palace, Ha Noi|
|1992||Hà Kiều Anh||Ha Noi/Thừa Thiên–Huế||Phan Dinh Phung Sports Complex, Ho Chi Minh City|
|1994||Nguyễn Thu Thuỷ||Ha Noi||Vietnam-Soviet Friendship Cultural Palace, Ha Noi|
|1996||Nguyễn Thiên Nga||Ho Chi Minh City||Vietnam-Soviet Friendship Cultural Palace, Ha Noi|
|1998||Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Khánh||Ho Chi Minh City||Phan Dinh Phung Sports Complex, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2000||Phan Thu Ngân||Đồng Nai||Hòa Bình theatre, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2002||Phạm Thị Mai Phương||Hai Phong||Phan Dinh Phung Sports Complex, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2004||Nguyễn Thị Huyền||Hai Phong||Tuần Châu, Quảng Ninh Province|
|2006||Mai Phương Thúy||Ha Noi||Vinpearl Land, Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa Province|
|2008||Trần Thị Thùy Dung||Da Nang||Hội An, Quảng Nam Province|
|2010||Đặng Thị Ngọc Hân||Ha Noi||Tuần Châu, Quảng Ninh Province|
|2012||Đặng Thu Thảo||Bạc Liêu||Tiên Sơn Sports Complex, Da Nang|
|2014||Nguyễn Cao Kỳ Duyên||Nam Định||Phú Quốc island, Kiên Giang Province|
|2016||Đỗ Mỹ Linh||Hanoi||Phu Tho Indoor Stadium, Ho Chi Minh City|
Miss Vietnam at Miss World pageant
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Representatives at Miss World||Residence||National Title||Placement||Special Awards|
|2002||Phạm Thị Mai Phương||Hải Phòng||Miss Vietnam 2002||Top 20|
|2003||Nguyễn Đình Thụy Quân||Ho Chi Minh City||Miss Vietnamese Woman Photogenic 2003||Unplaced|
|2004||Nguyễn Thị Huyền||Hải Phòng||Miss Vietnam 2004||Top 15|
|2005||Vũ Hương Giang||Hà Nội||Miss Jewelry Vietnam 2004||Unplaced|
|2006||Mai Phương Thúy||Hà Nội||Miss Vietnam 2006||Top 17||Top 20 at Designer Dress Award|
|2007||Đặng Minh Thu||Nam Định||Miss Vietnam World 2007
|2008||Dương Trương Thiên Lý||Đồng Tháp||Miss Universe Vietnam 2008
|Unplaced||People's Choice Award|
|2009||Trần Thị Hương Giang||Hải Dương||Miss Vietnam Global 2009
|Top 16||1st Runner-up at Top Model
Top 12 at Beach Beauty
|2010||Nguyễn Ngọc Kiều Khanh||Munich||Miss Vietnam World 2010
|2011||Victoria Phạm Thúy Vy||California||Miss World Vietnamese 2010
|2012||Vũ Thị Hoàng My||Đồng Nai||Miss Vietnam 2010
|Unplaced||Top 40 at Beach Beauty|
|2013||Lại Hương Thảo||Quảng Ninh||Miss Vietnam Sport 2012||Unplaced|
|2014||Nguyễn Thị Loan||Thái Bình||Miss Vietnam Ethnic 2013
|Top 25||Top 32 at Miss Sport
Top 25 at Beauty with a Purpose
Top 20 at Best Talent
|2015||Trần Ngọc Lan Khuê||Ho Chi Minh City||Miss World Vietnam 2015||Top 11||People's Choice Award
Designer Dress Award
Top 30 at Top Model
|2016||Trương Thị Diệu Ngọc||Đà Nẵng||Miss World Vietnam 2016||Unplaced|
- All 3 Misses Vietnam in 2002, 2004 and 2006 was arrived late at Miss World since the Miss Vietnam contest was held too close to Miss World.
- Phạm Thị Mai Phương is the first Miss Vietnam to get into the semifinal round at Miss World.
- Although arriving at Sanya (China) very late in comparison to other Miss World candidates in 2004, Nguyễn Thị Huyền still got into Top 15.
- Mai Phương Thúy was highly appreciated at Miss World 2006. She received 14 out of 30 points in the Internet ranking, and got into Top 17 thanks to the audience's votes. Early 2007, Mai Phương Thúy got into Global Beauties' list of 50 most beautiful contestants at beauty contests.
- The first runner-up Miss Vietnam 2010 Vũ Hoàng My is officially representative of Vietnam at Miss World 2012 held in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China.
- Nguyễn Thị Loan go in to Beauty with a purpose (top 25) anh Talent (top 10) which isn't announced in website of Miss World but was presentation in Charity Gala (sand artis)and presentation her project to judge.