|Residence||Long Island, New York, U.S.|
Zaiya Latt (m. 2002)
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Agency||The Model CoOp (New York) |
d'management group (Milan)
Francina Models (Barcelona)
Core Artist Management (Hamburg)
Way Model Management (Sao Paulo) 
Shirley Mallmann (born February 15, 1977) is a Brazilian model. She is considered the first Brazilian top model and is best known for her work with Jean Paul Gaultier, who immortalized her silhouette in his first perfume, "Classique" in a 1999 ad. Known for her amazing runway walk, she's also done multiple covers of Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan among others worldwide. She was also elected celebrity of the year by E Entertainment in 1999.
Early life and career
Mallmann was born in Santa Clara do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul. She is of German-Brazilian descent. Before becoming a model, she worked in a shoe factory in Rio Grande do Sul until the age of 18. In 1995, she moved to São Paulo with only R$300 in hand and a dream. Her first modeling job was in 1995 when she appeared on the cover of Brazilian Elle magazine. Mallmann's international career began with the arrival of photographer Ellen von Unwerth in Brazil for Forum's 1996 winter campaign. Mallmann wasn't the main model in the campaign, but Von Unwerth turned her into the protagonist and nominated her for several jobs, such as the cover of the French Marie Claire with Patrick Demarchelier, the cover of the Italian Glamour magazine, and editorials for Harper's Bazaar and the Italian Vogue. Mallmann went to New York and returned to her country as a supermodel.
Her career includes runway and advertisements for designers such as Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Oscar de la Renta, Alberta Ferretti, Bottega Veneta, Carolina Herrera, Christian Lacroix, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Chanel 'Allure' perfume, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Emporio Armani, Gianni Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, Lacoste, Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Vivienne Westwood, Anna Sui, Betsey Johnson, Richard Tyler, Anna Molinari, Badgley Mischka, Bill Blass, Blumarine, Chloé, Cynthia Rowley, Dirk Bikkembergs, Ellen Tracy, Fendi, Gemma Kahng, Gianfranco Ferré, Givenchy, Guess?, Helmut Lang, Kenzo, La Perla, Roberto Cavalli, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Emanuel Ungaro, Isaac Mizrahi, John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, Krizia, Max Mara, Mila Schön, Marcel Marongiu, Catherine Malandrino, Fause Haten, Ocimar Versolato, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sonia Rykiel, Thierry Mugler, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Gai Mattiolo, Iceberg, Cia Marítima, Rifat Özbek, Rocco Barocco, Véronique Leroy, Victor Alfaro, Colcci, Sportmax, Vivara, Miu Miu, as well as a 2001 appearance in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and the covers of multiple issues of Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire magazines around the world.
In 2012, Mallmann appeared in a tribute to the James Bond franchise in celebration of its 50th anniversary for the Brazilian Elle magazine. She starred in a video directed by Manuel Nogueira titled "Bond Girl Reloaded", where she dons looks from Alexandre Herchcovitch and Balmain, while battling armed villains, ending in a fiery explosion.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-02-05. Retrieved 2018-04-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Modelos: Shirley Mallmann foi primeira topmodel do Brasil, Folha de S.Paulo, 14 July 2006.
- "Jean Paul Gaultier". YouTube. 11 January 2008. Archived from the original on 21 July 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Classique (2002)Jean-Paul Gaultier". Parfum de Pub. Archived from the original on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- Fashion Model Directory Archived 2016-02-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "Shirley Mallmann chega de NY para desfilar no MorumbiFashion Brasil" (in Portuguese). Folha de São Paulo. 20 July 1996. Archived from the original on 23 April 2018. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Shirley Mallmann é estrela da Chanel" (in Portuguese). LilianPacce.com. 24 August 1998. Archived from the original on 23 April 2018. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- Pirelli Calendar by Herb Ritts, 1999 Archived 2016-02-03 at the Wayback Machine, Agonistica, 13 August 2013.
- Brazilian Supermodel Shirley Mallmann
- "Shirley Mallmann Stars as a Bond Girl for ELLE Brazil's Action Packed Film". Fashion Gone Rogue. 9 November 2012. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Bond Girl Reloaded for ELLE Brazil by Manuel Nogueira". YouTube. 9 November 2012. Archived from the original on 16 May 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Penso em voltar para o Brasil" Archived 2017-08-22 at the Wayback Machine, ISTOÉ Gente, 2010.
- Top mother: a rotina de família e as novidades de Shirley Mallmann, Vogue Brasil, 16 October 2012.