From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term is generally used as a synonym for sedative. When used by health care professionals, it is usually qualified or replaced with more precise terms:
- minor tranquilizer usually refers to anxiolytics.
- major tranquilizer usually refers to antipsychotics.
- "Tranquilizer" is a song written by Tom Stephan & Neil Tennant, from album Superchumbo "WowieZowie" (2005).
- Tranquilizer by Fat Jon The Ample Soul Physician, from album Repaint Tomorrow
- "Транквилизатор" ("Tranquilizer") by the Soviet band Кино (Cinema) from the album "46" (1983)