Unilever Pakistan Limited
|Traded as||KSE: ULEVER Delisted in 2013|
|Industry||Fast-moving consumer goods|
|Sheikh Mansoor Ali (G.M Operations)|
|Products||Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverages|
|Revenue||₨69976 million (US$670 million) (2015)|
|₨7766 million (US$74 million) (2015)|
|Parent||Unilever Plc (70.4%) |
The Unilever Pakistan Limited (UPL), formerly Lever Brothers Pakistan Limited was established in Pakistan in 1948. The town of Rahim Yar Khan was the site chosen for setting up a vegetable oil factory. Unilever Pakistan is the largest fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company in Pakistan, as well as one of the largest multinationals operating in the country. Now operating six factories at different locations around the country. The Unilever's head office was shifted to Karachi from the Rahim Yar Khan site in the mid 1960s.
Food and drinks
- Blue Band
- Pearl Dust
- Brooke Bond
- Wall's Kid's Range
- Clear - Anti-dandruff shampoo range.
- Close Up - Toothpaste
- Fair & Lovely - Fairness products.
- Lifebuoy shampoo
- Lifebuoy soap - Soap & handwash range.
- Lux - Soap, hand & bodywash.
- Pond's - Talcs & beauty creams.
- Rexona - Deos and Anti-perspirants.
- Sunsilk - Shampoo range.
- Toni & Guy
- Comfort - fabric softeners
- Rin - detergent
- Surf Excel - detergent and gentle wash.
In 2004, Unilever Pakistan sold its vanaspati & oil business (other than margarine products) to M/s Dalda Foods (Pvt) Ltd (Dalda). But later both the companies also made another agreement of non-competition, under which, Dalda Foods was restricted to compete in vanaspati and oil businesses for the period of five years, in return of Rs 250 million. Monopoly Control Authority of Pakistan issued a show-cause notice to Unilever Pakistan Limited and termed this agreement as violation of monopoly laws but Unilever Pakistan ignored this order and filed an appeal in the High Court of Sindh. Appeal is still pending for hearing.
- "Official Web Site" (PDF). Unilever Pakistan Ltd. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- Unilever Website - Introduction to Unilever Pakistan Limited
- Business Recorder News on Yahoo Group
- Unilever Pakistan Annual Report 2010, Page 131
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|