|• Municipality Chairman||Aditi kundu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Uttarpara|
Hindmotor is located at  situated about 22 km. away from Esplanade, the central part of Kolkata, which is the capital of the state of West Bengal. It has an average elevation of 15 metres (52 feet). Located at the south-eastern tip of the Hooghly District, on the banks of the river Ganges, it is just across the Dakshineswar Kali Temple.,
Hindmotor has a local railway station called Hindmotor. The station lies in the Howrah-Bandel main line of Eastern Railway and is about 12 km from Howrah station. On the west of the station lies the motor factory, Hindustan Motors. The part owned by Birla has two schools (Hindmotor High School and H.M.Education Center), one hospital, a residential complex for factory staff and the factory premises.
Hindmotor has schools for primary and secondary education. Some of the other schools present are:
- Hind Motor High School
- Hindmotor Education center
- Love and Care primary school
- Kotrong Bhupendra Smriti Vidyalaya
- Radhagobindo Nagar Rajmohon Paul balika Vidyalaya
- Kotrung Adarsha Vidyalaya (boys and girls)
- Bhadrakali deshopriya Balika Vidyalaya
- Bhadrakali Boys High School
- Pearls of God 
- Trinity Education Center
Hindmotor is well connected by road and rail. Hindmotor station connects the town with Howrah via Howrah-Bardhaman Main Line which connects the metropolis of Kolkata with the rest of India. At Bally, just a kilometer off, three major railway lines converge. The nation's prime road artery, the Grand Trunk Road passes through Hindmotor. Hindmotor is a suburb of Kolkata. The majority of its population either works in the Hindustan Motors or goes to Kolkata for work.
- http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050619/asp/bengal/story_4887496.asp The Telegraph 19 June 2005
- "Base Map of Kolkata Metroploitan area". Kolkata Metroploitan Development Authority. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- Pearls oF God school website