From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Iskander)
Iskandar or Eskandar is the Persian version of the name Alexander, after Alexander the Great. It is used as a male first name in Middle East, Central Asia and South Asia (where it is derived as Sikandar from Old Persian). It can also refer to:
- 9K720 Iskander, ballistic missile
- Iskandar Malaysia, the new main southern development corridor in Johor, Malaysia
- Iscandar, fictional planet in Space Battleship Yamato a.k.a. Star Blazers
- Eskandar, East Azerbaijan, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Eskandar, South Khorasan, a village in South Khorasan Province, Iran
People with the given name
- Iskandar-i Shaykhi
- Iskandar (Timurid dynasty), a ruler of Persia
- Iskander Hachicha, Tunisian judoka
- Iskandar Khatloni, Tajikistani journalist
- Iskandar Muda, famous ruler of Aceh Sultanate
- Sultan Iskandar (disambiguation), names of several Muslim rulers who share the same title and name
- Iskander Mirza, first President of the Republic of Pakistan
- Iskandar Safa, French businessman
- Skanderbeg, 15-th century war lord and national hero of Albania
People with the surname
- Eskandar, Iran, a village in Sistan and Baluchestan Province
- Iskanderkul, an alpine lake located in the Fann Mountains of Tajikistan.
- Connerney 2009, p. 68
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.