Solo (Australian soft drink)
|Country of origin||Australia|
Solo Lemon & Lime
Solo Low Carb
|Nutritional value per 1 can (375 mL)|
|Energy||788 kJ (188 kcal)|
|Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.|
Solo was launched in Australia in 1973 as the ready to drink version of traditional 'pub squash'. It is positioned as a very masculine drink and has had many television commercials that play to its overtly male image., the latest being "Game On" since joining the Football Federation of Australia, which has been highly successful in. There are 6 variants of Solo: Original Lemon, Lemon & Lime, Solo Sub (no added sugar), Solo Guarana, Solo Low carb and Solo Strong. It is the market leader of lemon soft drinks in Australia and grew by over 30% in 2007.
Cadbury Schweppes once made an energy drink in the U.S. called Coolah Energy that referred to the Australian Solo as its inspiration. It used the tagline "Energy from Down Under". It listed boronia as an ingredient, a citrus plant in Australia known more worldwide for use in floral arrangements than its fruit. Cadbury Schweppes has discontinued the Coolah Energy drink.
- "Soft drink company's conduct fair - judge". The Sydney Morning Herald. 9 Aug 1978.
- "Solo: "Drink For A Man Kind" TV Commercial by The Furnace | Creative Advertising & Commercials Archive. Awarded Ads database". Coloribus.com. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Solo | Game On
- FoodBev.com | Schweppes launches Solo Strong in Australia
- Swenson Funnies Online | Coolah Energy Drink review
- EnOrgy: Coolah Energy | Energy from Down Under
- Aussie Food Shop: Australian Drinks | SCHWEPPES 1.25L Solo SELECTION
- "Our Clients - Schweppes Australia". BMF. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Schweppes brings back Solo Man". Mumbrella. 2012-02-01. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
|This soft drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|