|This user talk page might be talk page stalkers which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.by friendly|
|Welcome to my talk page! I am an administrator here on Wikipedia. That means I am here to help. It does not mean that I have any special status or something, it just means that I get to push a few extra buttons to help maintain this encyclopedia.
If you need help with something, feel free to ask. Click
|Archives for the Dougweller talk page|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
You can email me from this link but in the interests of Wiki-transparency, please message me on this page unless there are pressing reasons to do otherwise. Comments which I find to be uncivil, full of vulgarities, flame baiting, or that are excessively rude may be deleted without response. If I choose not to answer, that's my right; don't keep putting it back. I'll just delete and get annoyed at you.
- 1 Moroni shenanigans
- 2 UKIP
- 3 Please explain
- 4 Reliable Source?
- 5 Regarding user Cyber-Policeman
- 6 The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- 7 Protecting Ashkenazi Jews Jews page
- 8 Editor Siamsterio
- 9 Please comment on Talk:Treats!
- 10 Resend the email please?
- 11 Talkback
- 12 Your opinion
- 13 July 2014 ==== theory Creationism and Evolution
- 14 Email as a source
- 15 Talkback
- 16 Navops47
- 17 22.214.171.124
- 18 Please comment on Talk:History of the Jews in Nepal
- 19 Afd close
- 20 Full armor of god broadcast
- 21 Re:You might want to take a look at this
- 22 Hotel Hell
- 23 Qadiani
- 24 YGM
- 25 A typo to fix
- 26 Minor edit of "Abraham"
Hi! I'm MagicatthemovieS. I wasn't trying to start an edit war. I'm relatively new to Wikipedia and I did not know the meaning of the term "wikilinks". Thanks for the heads-up.
On my talk page you wrote: "Please do not add commentary or your own personal analysis to Wikipedia articles, as you did to UK Independence Party. Doing so violates Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy and breaches the formal tone expected in an encyclopedia. Adding the word 'propaganda' to describe a film violates our NPOV policy." The citation for the sentence where I added the word propaganda, found here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/7309204/UKIP-would-ban-Al-Gore-film-in-schools.html , explicitly uses the word propaganda do describe the film, so my addition of the word propaganda directly fits and is accurate to the source in no way can this be described as "add[ing] commentary or [my] own personal analysis". I would appreciate it if you would remove the erroneous warning you gave me. Thanks. --Jacksoncw (talk) 06:39, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Jacksoncw - no chance. That is clearly reflecting UKIP's views, hence the 'scare quotes' around the word propaganda. And even if a source called it propaganda that doesn't mean we cn without violating NPOV. In the article about the film we might mention sources calling it propaganda attributing such descriptions, but that's all. Dougweller (talk) 11:25, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, but either way, I was not adding my own commentary or personal analysis, but was reflecting the source. So whether I'm right or wrong on the word I believe the warning was erroneous because the reasoning is invalid. It was not a random injection of my own personal viewpoint, but a reflection of the source. --Jacksoncw (talk) 15:58, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- But again, whether or not I was right in adding the word, it was in no way my "commentary or your own personal analysis". So, while I concede that perhaps the addition was not correct, I believe your warning was erroneous and. A simple reversion of my edit with an explanation in the edit summary would have sufficed. As you can tell, the word is, indeed, in the citation. While it may not belong in the article, and that's my mistake, it was certainly not deserving of an NPOV warning. --Jacksoncw (talk) 16:39, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
I see you removed Richard Feynman from the collage on Ashkenazi Jews stating "per talk page". What did you see there? Please post your reply in the talkpage discussion there. Debresser (talk) 17:16, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
- Nope. The dreadful reviews are a clue - it was "published" by America Star Books when they were "PublishAmerica". So self-published. Dougweller (talk) 14:11, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Regarding user Cyber-Policeman
Sigh, I hate to be asking you for this, but could you talk some sense into Cyber-Policeman. Despite your 24-hour block, he keeps on pushing POV subjects in the Azerbaijan article. For a long time the Azerbaijan page maintained a good-article status, this kind of edit-war could endanger that status and decrease the quality of the page. Mursel (talk) 17:18, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- Special report: $10 million lawsuit against Wikipedia editors withdrawn, but plaintiff intends to refile
- Wikimedia in education: Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljkovic
- News and notes: Bot-created Wikipedia articles covered in the Wall Street Journal, push Cebuano over one million articles
- Traffic report: World Cup dominates for another week
- Featured content: The Island with the Golden Gun
Protecting Ashkenazi Jews Jews page
Can you please check the sock-puppet claims before protecting the page? I just opened an account so can't edit. Just because Khazar nicknames people sock-puppets doesn't mean it's true. Fact his he does controversial changes without discussion, and I already reverted him (from my IP) on Russian Jews, the guy obviously does it all the time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mr. Sort It Out (talk • contribs) 21:24, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ok so why not just block the relevant socks and allow the rest to edit? I mean I need to revert his edits, which were done without discussion or consensus. Right now he is getting away with doing controversial changes and having a discussion from a "position of power" where his edits are in the collage! Mr. Sort It Out (talk) 07:30, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
I see you've crossed paths with Siamsterio (talk · contribs)'s editing recently at Shakib Khan. Can you take a look at his edits at Ananta Jalil? He's been warned multiple times by myself and others, with no response or apparent understanding. --Ronz (talk) 23:43, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Treats!
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Talk:Treats!. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service. — Legobot (talk) 00:05, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
Resend the email please?
So sorry but I've setup my Wiki email 7 years ago and have not used (rather surprisingly) since then. Just got a new email linked to my account and would be grateful if you resend your email!
- Oh, thank you so much kind sir for letting me know. I wasn't aware of that, so I appreciate the heads-up! That whole thing was a massive fiasco.
- Cheers, Λuα (Operibus anteire) 23:27, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
J. Rickard is the author of this website;http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/people_clovis_I.html
Would you happen to know who J. Rickard is and if we can consider him and this website a reliable source? --Kansas Bear (talk) 19:19, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- This page describes the three people who run the website. I'm a bit dubious. It's a personal website even if run by 3 people. It is used in some books as a source, eg I can't find a use of that particular article. Sorry, maybe it's been discussed at RSN, have you searched there? Dougweller (talk) 20:56, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
July 2014 ==== theory Creationism and Evolution
If the theory of Evolution is in the article to have neutral point of view the theory Creationism should be in the article too as the theory Evolution is not a fact either. I'm sorry about the copyrighted material I will see if I can get permission. Also did you remove my sourced for Mokele-mbembe?
- (talk page stalker) Explained what a scientific theory is and Wikipedia's position on evolution on OP's talk page. Ian.thomson (talk) 17:55, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Mentioned you at ANI in regards to Hwahl90's continued copyright violations and soapboxing. Ian.thomson (talk) 02:05, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Email as a source
I had a message from you just now on my Talk page and think you may be confusing me with someone else. I would never discuss using email as a source; to me that is as bad as using Twitter or YouTube as a source. --P123ct1 (talk) 14:58, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- --P123ct1 I figured that. It was just that you were chatting with KingOneBozz who did. Dougweller (talk) 15:50, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
This editor has been rewriting many articles about ancient regions based on sources such as HistoryFiles and About.com (in most of the cases they change dates without providing any citations at all). The text they insert usually features bad grammar as well. I reverted most of their recent edits and left them a message.. Checking all their edits would require some considerable time. Could you take a look at the case? --Omnipaedista (talk) 16:43, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:History of the Jews in Nepal
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Talk:History of the Jews in Nepal. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service. — Legobot (talk) 00:08, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Brandi Hawbaker (4th nomination) appears as status "UNDETERMINED" at the AfD stats tool. I'm guessing that it's looking for a result of "delete" instead of "Close"? —[AlanM1(talk)]— 03:22, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
I know I am probably gonna get spanked for this, but unfortunately due to the Tim Lambesis trying to hire a hitman to murder his wife case, The Full Armor of God Broadcast quote has gotten some notariaty. I thought that might help at least establish it as a known program? I hope I did not do anything too wrong. I thought I would bring it to you, please help if you can. TY Armorbearer777 (talk) 05:57, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- Well that was quick.. Actually this was not simply a re-post, it had entirely new sources. But, no contestation from me. Thank you for your time, I will keep working on it and hopefully this program that is relevant genre will one day be notable enough. TY Armorbearer777 (talk) 19:55, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- Armorbearer777, I sincerely want to thank you for your being upfront about this. I hope you realise that I didn't delete this myself, although I did ask another Admin their opinion, I decided that although I thought it wasn't different enough I simply tagged it to let someone else decide. Dougweller (talk) 20:51, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Re:You might want to take a look at this
Thanks a lot for the link! actually at the beginning I was not 100% sure that his edit was not OK, but after taking a look at Republic of Macedonia and seeing that he replicated it at several places with misleading edit summaries, I reverted him. Actually, as Italian - Swiss I am totally uninvolved in the Macedonia matter (as for Armenia, Azerbaijan, and so on) but I try to bring some order in the mess that pours each day into these articles, although it is really a mine field, and doing some mistake sooner or later is unavoidable... Keep the good job, Alex2006 (talk) 15:21, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
I understand your comment and reasoning, but I am wondering why the hidden note is there. All of the Hotel Hell Season 1 summaries from 2012 are original (I wrote a couple of them), and all of the current season "Hell's Kitchen" summaries are original. Why is Hotel Hell Season 2 being treated specially? Thanks.
Hi There I edited the Wiki Page with Title: QADIANI, I did this while consulting thousands of south Asian Muslims ( I'm a community activist)-but you changed it back. The word is used by ALL south Asians Muslims NOT as a slur but just like the word PUNJABI ( a person from the Punjab). So accurately and factually you are wrong irrespective of what the Ahmadi community say-who also are 100% are less than 400,000 worldwide. You see in their literature they claim to be 200 million- as more Muslims are now complaining about this blatant fraud they have come to the figure of a couple million in Wikipedia-NOT TRUE ALSO-they do not have ANY evidence. Please see Youtube. I am now producing a 100,000 petition to complain about your editing to my local MP- as it is misleading and maligning the 400 million South Asian Muslims.
- Thank you, Doug, for your ongoing efforts to control POV-pushing. --NeilN talk to me 18:43, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
A typo to fix
I suspect you used my username by mistake, rather than Boss Reality's, here:
He has then quoted you, preserving that error:
Minor edit of "Abraham"
The purpose of the edit, which you quickly reverted, was merely to explain who the quoted Paula McNutt is, because, on the basis of two short quotes, the paragraph goes on to dismiss the entire contents of Genesis as a work of fiction. Readers of the article need to be aware of her illustrious pedigree.