1901 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1901
List of years in Denmark
- 3 April – The 1901 Folketing election is held. It was the first use of a secret ballot in Denmark.
- 24 June – The Frilandsmuseet open-air museum is inaugurated in its present-day location north of Copenhagen.
- 24 July – Systemskiftet ("the change of system"): with the appointment of the Cabinet of Deuntzer, parliamentarism is instituted in Denmark, and with the exception of the Easter Crisis of 1920 no Danish government since 1901 has been formed against the vote of a majority of the members of the Folketing.
- 30 August – A royal decrete opens the King's Gate to Rosenborg Castle Garden, at the corner of Gothersgade and Kronprinsessegade, to the public.
- 25 September – The Ny Carlsberg Foundation is established.
- 28 November – Øksnehallen opens in the Meatpacking District in Copenhagen.
- The first automobile is registered in Copenhagen.
- The first kindergarten with public support in Denmark is established and inaugurated at Enghave Plads in the Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. Private kindergartens had been known since 1871.
- 20 February – Mogens Lassen, architect (died 1987)
- 9 July – Peter Sekaer, photographer (died 1950)
- 25 August – Kjeld Abell, playwright (died 1961)
- 19 January – Henrik August Flindt, landscape architect (born 1822)
- 6 February – Christian Frederik Lütken, zoologist ad naturalist (born 1827)
- 19 October – Carl Frederik Tietgen, industrialist and bankier (born 1829)
- 31 October – Frederik Christian Lund, painter and illustrator (born 1826)
- 16 November – Theobald Stein, sculptor (born 1829)
- 29 November – Ludvig Grundtvig, photographer (born 1836)
- "1901". Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- Andrén, Nils (1981). "Five Roads to Parliamentary Democracy". In Friis, Erik J. et al. (Ed.). Nordic Democracy - Ideas, Issues, and Institutions in Politics, Economy, Education, Social and Cultural Affairs of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. Det Danske Selskab. p. 46. ISBN 87-7429-040-1.
- "Første børnehave og børnehavklasse i Danmark" (in Danish). Biblioteksvagten.dk. Retrieved 2010-01-04.