1848 in Denmark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1848|
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1848 in Denmark.
- Monarch – Christian VIII, then Frederick VII
- Prime minister – Poul Christian Stemann (until 22 March), Adam Wilhelm Moltke
- March 21 – A large demonstration goes to Christiansborg Palace. Absolutism is abolished.
- The outbreak of the First Schleswig War
- April 9 – The Battle of Bov, the first battle of the war, is won by Denmark.
- April 29 – The Battle at Schleswig: Prussia has now entered the war and the German side has almost three times as many soldiers as Denmark, which has to withdraw to Funen. Jutland is left open to the German troops.
- July 3 – Slavery is definitively abolished in the Danish West Indies. It is officially confirmed on 22 September.
- October 23 – The Constitutional Assembly meets at Christiansborg Palace
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)
- January 20 – Christian VIII, King of Denmark (born 1786)
- January 29 – Peter Thonning, physician and botanist (born 1775)
- February 7 – Christen Købke, painter (born 1810)
- April 26 – Johan Lundbye, painter (born 1818)
- August 29 – Martinus Rørbye, painter (born 1803)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1848 in Denmark.|