1945 in Denmark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1945|
List of years in Denmark
- Monarch – Christian X
- Prime Minister –
- 21 March – The British Operation Carthage, an air raid targeting the local Gestapo headquarters in the Shell Building in central Copenhagen, goes wrong and 125 Danish civilians, including 80 school children, are killed.
- 5 May – The occupation of Denmark ends with Nazi Germany's capitulation to the Allied Forces.
- 12 December – The David Foundation and Collections is founded as an independent institution by C. L. David with his art collection on public display at the top floor of his home in Kronprinsessegade in Copenhagen as the focal point of its activity.
- 18 January – Kirsten Klein, photographer
- 24 February – Mikael Salomon, film director, cinematographer
- 21 March – Henrik Nordbrandt, poet
- 10 May – Morten Bo, photographer
- 23 October – Kim Larsen, singer-songwriter
- 15 January – Holger Damgaard, photographer (born 1870)
- 21 February – Anne Marie Carl-Nielsen, sculptor (born 1863)
- 5 March – Albrecht Schmidt, film actor (born 1870)
- 30 April – Gudmund Nyeland Brandt, landscape architect (born 1878)
- 10 September – Otto Scavenius, diplomat, Foreign Minister for one day during the Easter Crisis of 1920 (born 1875)
- 17 November