1915 in Denmark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1915|
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1915 in Denmark.
- 7 May - A Folketing election is held. As required to change the Constitution, the government called for the dissolution of both the Folketing and the Landsting in order for the new Rigsdag to be able to introduce the new constitution.
- 5 June - Women's suffrage is introduced in Denmark, women are given the right to vote in Rigsdag elections.
- 27 June – Bedre Byggeskik, a late Danish incarnation of the Arts and Crafts Movement, is founded at a meeting in Odense as a reaction against the impoverished state of Danish architecture which they found to be a consequence of the Historicist style which had dominated the past decades.
- 26 August – Niels Macholm, painter and graphic artist (died in 1997)
- 12 December – Tobias Faber, architect (died 2010)
- 13 January – Barclay Raunkiær, Arabia explorer, author (born 1889)
- Report from Denmark in European Database Women in Decision-making.