1724 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1724
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1724 in Denmark.
- November 9 – At the Greenland Parade, two Greenlandic Inuit, Pock and Keperock, who had been sent to Copenhagen by Hans Egede earlier that year, are presented to the general public when they sail through the canals around Christiansborg Palace in their kayaks accompanied by barges with musicians and dignitaries.
- * The Central Guardhouse on Kongens Nytorv in Copenhagen is built. In 1874 it is moved to Kastellet.
- Frederik Rostgaard is banished from the Royal Court in Copenhagen after accusations of corruption and withdraws to Krogerup Manor north of the city.
- The Faroe Islands detach from rule of Denmark.
- August 22 – Jens Schielderup Sneedorff, author, professor of political science and royal teacher (died 1764)
- July 16 – Jacob Coning, painter (born c. 1645)
- "FEMTE KAPITEL: Kjøbenhavn under Frederik den Fjerde indtil Ildebranden 1728" (in Danish). Det slesvigske Hyldingsbæger. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- "About Krogerip Folk High School". Krogerup Højskole. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1724 in Denmark.|