1871 in Denmark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1871|
List of years in Denmark
- 2 January – The Stöðulög, laws on the constitutional standing of Iceland within the Danish realm, are passed.
- 5 October – Den Danske Landmandsbank, Hypothek- og Vexelbank i Kjøbenhavn, present-day Danske Bank, is founded.
- 8 November – At Lyksborg Slot, Princess Thyra gives birth to a daughter, conceived in a love affair with a cavalry lieutenant. The girl is adopted by a couple in Odense shortly after birth.
- The first private kindergarten in Denmark is established in Copenhagen by writer Erna Juel-Hansen. Kindergarten with public support are not seen until 1901.
- The Social Democratic party is founded.
- The Danish Women's Society, the world's oldest women's rights organization, is founded.
- 15 February – Martin Knudsen, physicist and researcher after whom the Knudsen gas state, the Knudsen number, and the Knudsen layer are named (died 1949)
- 5 April – Søren Absalon Larsen, physicist active in the field of electroacoustics; the Larsen effect was named after him (died 1957)
- 13 June – Elna Munch, feminist, suffragist and politician, one of the three first women to be elected to the Danish parliament in 1918 (died 1945)
- 19 July – Lars Jørgen Madsen, multiple Olympic medalist in rifle shooting (died 1925)
- 29 July – August Paulsen, Danish-American businessman and philanthropist (died 1927)
- 2 November – Poul Heegaard, mathematician active in the field of topology, professor in mathematics at the University of Copenhagen 1910–1917, professor in mathematics at the University of Kristiania 1917–1941 (died 1948)
- 12 November – Dagmar Hansen, cabaret singer and stage performer, Denmark's first pin-up girl (died 1959)
- 10 December – Jens Christian Bay, Danish-American writer and librarian (died 1962)
- 14 December – Harald Moltke, nobleman, painter and author (died 1960)
- 2 January – Niels Kjærbølling, ornithological writer and lithographer, founder of Copenhagen Zoo (born 1806)
- 1 March – Johan Henrik Nebelong, architect (born 1817)
- 28 March – Johan Vilhelm Gertner, portrait painter (born 1818)
- 9 October – Niels Sigfred Nebelong, historicist-style architect, resident architect for the Danish lighthouse authority (born 1806)
- 12 December – Henrik Rung, composer, conductor and vocal pedagogue (born 1807)
- 27 December – Carl Ferdinand Allen, historian (born 1811)