1813 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1813
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1813 in Denmark.
- 5 January - The heavy financial and economic burden of the Gunboat War with England takes its monetary toll: Danmark defaults on its foreign debt (Danish state bankruptcy of 1813).
- 7 December – Battle of Bornhöved, part of the War of the Sixth Coalition, is fought Danish troops and Swedish cavalry at the small village of Bornhöft in the Duchy of Schleswig and results in Swedish victory.
- 10 December – The Battle of Sehested is fought between Danish and Swedish (with Prussian-Russian battalions) troops at Sehested in Holstein and results in Danish victory.
- 3 February – Andreas Flinch, goldsmith, wood-engraver and lithographer (d. 1872)
- 13 July – Theophil Hansen, architect who later became an Austrian citizen (d. 1891)
- 9 March – Carl Frederik Stanley, sculptor (b. c. 1738)