|Product family||Windows 10|
|Type||Mixed reality augmented reality head-mounted display smartglasses|
|Retail availability||Enterprise and Developers|
|Introductory price||$3500 USD or $125 USD per month|
|Operating system||Windows 10 holographic|
|System-on-chip used||Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Compute Platform|
|CPU||Qualcomm snapdragon 850|
|Display||See-through holographic lenses 2K 3:2|
|Input||Eye tracking, spatial tracking, hand tracking.|
|Camera||8 MP 1080P30 video|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth LE 5.0, 802.11 2x2 WiFi|
|Platform||Universal Windows Platform|
|Online services||Windows Holographic Operating System, Edge, Dynamics 365 Remote Assist, Dynamics 365 Layout, Dynamics 365 Guides, 3D Viewer, OneDrive for Business|
Microsoft HoloLens 2 is a pair of mixed reality smartglasses developed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is the successor to the pioneering Microsoft HoloLens. On February 24, 2019 The Hololens 2 enterprise edition debuted as the first variant of the device, followed by a developer edition that was announced on May 2, 2019.
Improvements over the previous model
- "Microsoft Hololens 2 ushers in the next generation of augmented reality". mashable.com. February 24, 2019. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Microsoft's new $3,500 HoloLens 2 headset means business". cnn.com. February 24, 2019. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "HoloLens 2 pricing and preorder". microsoft.com. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "New HoloLens 2 gives Microsoft the edge in the next generation of computing". Innovation Stories at Microsoft. Microsoft. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- Kipman, Alex (2019-02-25). "No secrets... - The first HoloLens had a 34-degree diagonal FOV; the new headset's field of view … 52-degree diagonal field of view. More than 2x is area and most of the growth is vertical (no longer 16:9)". @akipman. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- Goode, Lauren (2019-02-24). "The HoloLens 2 Puts a Full-Fledged Computer on Your Face". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|