National Register of Historic Places listings in Fountain County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Fountain County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Fountain County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Attica Downtown Historic District||September 16, 1993
|Roughly Perry St. between Jackson and Ferry Sts. and Main and Mill Sts. between 3rd and Brady Sts.||Attica|
|2||Attica Main Street Historic District||June 10, 1994
|Roughly bounded by Jackson, Brady, Short, and Canada Sts.||Attica|
|3||Bethel Church and Graveyard||March 3, 1995
|Bethel Rd., 0.5 miles west of its junction with Riverside Rd. and east of Attica||Logan Township|
|4||Brady Street Historic District||December 7, 1990
|Roughly bounded by S. Perry, E. Jackson, S. Council, and E. Pike Sts.||Attica|
|5||Carnegie Library of Covington||April 3, 1989
|622 S. 5th St.||Covington|
|6||Covington Courthouse Square Historic District||September 14, 2015
|Roughly bounded by 3rd St. and alleys north of Washington, east of 4th, and south of Liberty Sts.||Covington|
|7||Covington Residential Historic District||September 14, 2015
|Roughly bounded by Pearl, Liberty, 4th, and 7th Sts.||Covington|
|8||Fountain County Clerk's Building||June 27, 2002
|516 4th St.||Covington|
|9||Fountain County Courthouse||March 19, 2008
|301 4th St.||Covington|
|10||Clinton F. Hesler Farm||July 13, 1989
|County Road 450S between 200E and 300E, southeast of Veedersburg||Millcreek Township|
|11||James and Lucinda McDonald House||September 12, 2016
|500 E. Jackson St.||Attica|
|12||Marshall M. Milford House||January 26, 1989
|414 E. Main St.||Attica|
|13||Old East Historic District||November 28, 1990
|400 block of E. Washington St. and the 400 and 500 blocks of E. Monroe St.||Attica|
|14||William C.B. Sewell House||October 11, 1984
|602 E. Washington St.||Covington|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Fountain County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Fountain County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 10, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.