National Register of Historic Places listings in Hendricks County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Hendricks County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ora Adams House||
|301-303 E. Main St.
|2||Amo THI & E Interurban Depot/Substation||
|4985 Railroad St.
|3||Forest W. and Jeannette Wales Blanton House||
|625 N. Washington St.
|4||Leander Campbell House||
|498 E. Broadway St.
|5||Danville Courthouse Square Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Clinton, Tennessee, Broadway, and Cross Sts.
|6||Danville Main Street Historic District||
|Bounded by East, Main, Cross, and Marion Sts.
|7||Dr. Jeremiah and Ann Jane DePew House||
|292 E. Broadway St.
|8||Hendricks County Bridge Number 316||
|Center Rd., Friendship Gardens over White Lick Creek
|9||Hendricks County Jail and Sheriff's Residence||
|170 S. Washington St.
|10||Joel Jessup Farm||
|County Road 800S near County Road 1050E, northwest of Friendswood
|11||Noah and Hannah Hadley Kellum House||
|7290 S. County Road 1050E, northwest of Friendswood
|6726 S. White Lick Creek Rd., southeast of Plainfield
|13||John W. McClain House||
|1445 S. County Road 525E, southwest of Avon
|County Road 200W, 0.5 miles south of its junction with U.S. Route 40 and southwest of Clayton
|15||A.A. Parsons Farmstead||
|16||Plainfield Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Lincoln St to the north; S. East St. to the east; Ash St. to the south; and S. Mill St to the west
|2698 S. County Road 900E, northeast of Plainfield
|18||Sugar Grove Meetinghouse and Cemetery||
|Junction of County Roads 700E and 600S
|19||THI and E Interurban Depot-Substation||
|401 S. Vine St.
|County Road 150E over White Lick Creek
|10 Cartersburg Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Hendricks County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Hendricks County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.