Parramatta railway station
Eastbound view from Platform 2 in November 2011
|Location||Argyle Street, Parramatta|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||23.21 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Opened||2 July 1860|
Parramatta railway station is located on the Main Western line, serving the Sydney suburb of Parramatta. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line services and NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains Line, Central West XPT and Outback Xplorer services.
Parramatta station is one of Sydney's oldest. Sydney's first line connected Sydney and Parramatta Junction near Granville and opened on 26 September 1855. It was extended to the current Parramatta station on 4 July 1860.
In 1985, the station was refurbished with a new underground subway bus interchange built at the station's north-east side.
In late 2003, work began on a new transport interchange which linked the station to the neighbouring Westfield Parramatta shopping centre. The works included upgrading the station, providing more access to commuters, and constructing a new bus interchange. On 19 February 2006 the interchange was opened.
Platforms and services
|1||services to Berowra via Gordon||Only used on weekdays during peak hours|
|services to Central|||
|services to Central||XPT services and Xplorer Services from Dubbo and Broken Hill (Setdown only)|
|2||services to Richmond & Emu Plains||mainly used during peak hours|
|services to Springwood, Katoomba, Mount Victoria, Lithgow & Bathurst||Bathurst services run 1 service a day|
|services to Dubbo & Broken Hill||Pickup only|
|3||services to Berowra via Gordon||Trains from Richmond terminate at Hornsby|
|services to Campbelltown||17:49, 18:19, 18:49 trains terminate at Liverpool|
|4||services to Richmond & Emu Plains|
|services to Schofields||Last Schofields service departs Parramatta at 15:57 and the last Cumberland Line train departs Parramatta at 18:57|
- Parramatta Station NSWrail.net
- "Granville-Westmead Quadruplication" Railway Digest April 1985 page 133
- "Granville-Westmead Quadruplication" Railway Digest June 1985 page 165
- "Blue Mountains line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T1: Western line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- Media related to Parramatta railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Parramatta Transport Interchange - a guide for commuters
- Sydney Trains - Parramatta station details