This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2020)
|Alma mater||Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB)|
University of Chicago
|Occupation||Vice president at Apple; former president and CEO of YSL|
|Board member of||Comité Colbert|
Paul Deneve (born 16 February 1961) is a businessperson working in fashion and technology. In September 2013, he became a vice president at Apple. Before joining Apple, he was CEO of the fashion house Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), now a subsidiary of PPR. Between 1997 and 2013, he managed a number of companies in the luxury sector, such as Courreges, Nina Ricci, Lanvin and YSL.
Early life and education
Deneve was born on Brussels, and was educated in Belgium before beginning his career. He graduated from the Solvay Business School at ULB, University of Brussels. He also holds an MBA from the University of Chicago and an MSc in Management from Stanford University.16 February 1961 in
Deneve began his career in 1985 as an internal auditor at ExxonMobil EMEA, before becoming a financial controller at Oriflame International. He then went on to hold several sales and marketing positions within Apple Europe, from 1990 until 1997.
In 1997, Deneve joined the fashion house Courreges as Managing Director and went on to take the helm of Nina Ricci between 2003 and 2005. He was President of Lanvin from 2006 to 2008, where he worked closely with the Artistic Director Alber Elbaz.
In July 2013, Apple Inc announced Deneve will be joining the company as vice president. In their announcement, Apple Inc specified that Deneve would work on "special projects" and report directly to Tim Cook. He assumed the role that September 16, then began working on the Apple Watch. As of 2016, he is no longer listed on the leadership page at Apple's site and, according to MacRumors, reports to Jeff Williams.
Deneve plays an active role in developing the economic and creative growth of the fashion and luxury goods sector. Since May 2012, he has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Fédération Française de la Couture, du Prêt-à-Porter des Couturiers et des Créateurs de Mode (English: French Federation of Fashion and of Ready-to-Wear of Couturiers and Fashion Designers), as well as a jury member for the ANDAM Fashion Awards.
In 2008 he was elected member of the board of the Comité Colbert, the French luxury goods association, and was subsequently re-elected in June 2012.
Deneve is an advisor to several Silicon Valley start-ups, and is a Sloan Fellow at Stanford University.
Deneve is married with Anne-Sophie Deneve, an art collector.
- "De Nina Ricci à Lanvin". lesechos.fr. Retrieved 25 April 2006.
- "Turning Praise to Profits: Lanvin Grows Via More Stores, Products". WWD.com. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Paul Denève appointed CEO of Yves Saint Laurent". PPR.com. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Yves Saint Laurent and PPR appoint Hedi Slimane as creative director". ppr.com. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Apple recruits Yves Saint Laurent CEO for VP position focusing on 'special projects'". Engadget.com. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "La Fédération française de la couture dotée de son comité exécutif". fashion-dailynews.com. Archived from the original on 1 June 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "A French Collector's Whimsical West Coast Home". Architecture Digest.