Shipping Corporation of India
public company (BSE: 523598NSE: SCI)
|Founded||Bombay, 2 October 1961|
Madame Cama Road,
Mumbai 400,021 India
|Capt. Anoop Kumar Sharma (Chairman and Managing Director)|
|Revenue||₹39,026.9 million (US$610 million)|
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) (BSE: 523598NSE: SCI) is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise with its headquarters in Mumbai that operates and manages vessels that services both national and international lines.
SCI was established on 2 October 1961 by the amalgamation of Eastern Shipping Corporation and Western Shipping Corporation. Two more shipping companies, Jayanti Shipping Company and Mogul Lines Limited, were merged with SCI in 1973 and 1986 respectively.
SCI was also awarded the prestigious "Navratna" status by Indian Government in 2008.
- Liner and Passenger services
- Bulk carrier and tanker services
- Offshore services
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- British Petroleum
- British Gas
- Tata tea