List of alumni of St. Stephen's College, Delhi
An alumnus of St. Stephen's College, Delhi is also called a Stephanian. Alumni of the college include distinguished people from various fields, including several Members of Parliament (MP) in India. The names in this list are presented in alphabetical order of surname/family name.
Politics and government
- Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Economist and Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission. Former Finance Secretary.
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, former President of India.
- Mani Shankar Aiyar, MP, former Cabinet Minister.
- Asaf Ali, Indian ambassador to USA, Governor of Odisha.
- Kaushik Basu, Economist, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank, former CEA to the Government.
- Pulok Chatterji, IAS, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India (2011-2014) 
- Sandeep Dikshit, MP.
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi, former Governor of West Bengal.
- Indrajit Gupta, former MP and Home Minister of India.
- Salman Khurshid, MP, Minister of External Affairs (India), former Law Minister.
- Arun Maira, member of the Planning Commission.
- Prajapati Trivedi, Economist and 1st Secretary, Performance Management Division, Cabinet Secretariat.
- Sir Chhotu Ram, pre-partition politician, knighted in 1937.
- Arun Shourie, Journalist and Economist with the World Bank.
- Kapil Sibal, MP, Law Minister of India.
- Shashi Tharoor, MP, former Minister of State, former Under-Secretary-General of the UN.
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, former President of Pakistan.
- Sachin Pilot, Chief Rajasthan Congrees
- Virbhadra Singh, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh
- Vijayendra Nath Kaul, former Comptroller and Auditor General of India (2002-2008)
- rahul gandhi, vice chairman congress
- natwar singh - former foreign minister
- rajiv maharishi - current chief secretary, rajasthan
- ajit seth, current cabinet secretary , india
- ashok kamte , former ips , killed in 26/11 attack on duty
- james michael lyngdoh , indian civil servant and former chief election commissioner of india
- navin chawla , former chief election commissioner of india
- abhijit sen, former member of planning commission of india
- nehchal sandhu, former ib chief india and former deputy national security advisor
- s.y. quraishi, former chief election commissioner of india
- Ajaypal Singh Banga, CEO of MasterCard
- Ivan Menezes, CEO of Diageo
- Arjun Gupta, Founder and Chief Believer of TeleSoft Partners
- Piyush Gupta, CEO DBS Group Holdings & DBS Bank
- Rajeev Vasudeva, CEO of Egon Zehnder
- Anupam Puri, founder and managing director mckinsey india
- vijay mahajan, founder and ceo of basix ( india )
- Enver Masud, Founder of The Wisdom Fund
- rajiv dutta, former chief financial officer of paypal and president skype
- malvinder mohan singh, chairman fortis healthcare and former ceo and founder ranbaxy
- shivinder mohan singh, managing director of fortis healthcare
- rahul bajaj , chairman bajaj group
- piyush pandey, executive chairman and national creative director ogilvy and mather india
- raghav bahl, managing director of network 18
Theatre and cinema
- Kabir Bedi, Actor.
- Suraj Sharma, Actor.
- Konkana Sen Sharma, Actor.
- Safdar Hashmi, founding member of Jana Natya Manch.
- Rohit Singh Negi, Film Maker specialising in creation of new identities, Biographies and Mythology.
- richa chadda, bollywood actress
- Anurag Sinha, Actor
Writers, poets, artists and critics
- Bulbul Singh (G.I.Singh) Poet, Painter
- Khushwant Singh, Author
- Amitav Ghosh, Author.
- Aruni Kashyap, Author
- Rajmohan Gandhi, Biographer.
- Rajiv Malhotra, Author, Philanthropist, Intellectual, Writer & Speaker on Current Affairs, World Religions and Cross Cultural Interactions between East & West.
- Janice Pariat, Author.
- Mukul Kesavan
- Ramachandra Guha, Author
- Rukun Advani
- Ramkumar Verma, Hindi Poet.
- Upamanyu Chatterjee
- Rajeev Sethi - Art curator, scenographer, designer
Science and Academics
- V. Balakrishnan, Theoretical physics
- Amrita Narlikar, Reader in International Political Economy at the University of Cambridge.
- prof. Dinesh singh, current vice chancellor delhi university
- Sushil Auluck, Condensed Matter Theory, Emeritus Researcher at NPL and IIT Delhi
- Maroof Raza, Defence Analyst, Writer, Educationalist
Media and Journalism
- Ajit Bhattacharjea (1924 - 2011), newspaper editor, The Hindustan Times, The Times of India and The Indian Express
- Swapan Dasgupta, Senior Journalist and Political Columnist.
- Barkha Dutt, Indian television journalist, columnist, group editor with NDTV
- Sagarika Ghose
- Siddharth Kak, documentary film maker and creator of TV show Surabhi.
- Anup Kutty, chief-editor Maxim India
- Arun Shourie
- "Planning Commission of India". Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Jai, Janak Raj. Presidents of India: 1950-2003. p. 109. ISBN 818749865X.
- "Master bluster". Times Of India. Sep 14, 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Asaf Ali's Obituary". The Hindu. April 3, 1953. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Raghavan, G. N. S. (1994). M. Asaf Ali's memoirs: the emergence of modern India. ISBN 9788120203983.
- Bhattacharjea, Aditya and Chatterji, Lola (2000). The Fiction of St. Stephen. p. 145. ISBN 9788175300309.
- "India Today High and Mighty power list 2013: Top 10 officials -". India Today. 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Sandeep Dikshit forms new alumni body". The Times of india. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Tomorrow's India. Rukhmi Banerji. p. 343.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica (India). p. 215.
- Sreenivasan, T. P. (2011). Mattering to India: The Shashi Tharoor Campaign. p. 151. ISBN 813175944X.
- "Planning Commission description for Arun Maira". Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK ST. STEPHEN’S COLLEGE "Vision 2050" - Prajapati Trivedi".
- http://www.ipma2013.hr/trivedi.aspx - Dr. Prajapati Trivedi - brief profile
- Jaffrelot, Christophe (2003). India's Silent Revolution: The Rise of the Lower Castes in North India. C. Hurst & Co. Publishers. p. 276. ISBN 9781850656708.
- "Hope and Tragedy - Two Faces of Indian Liberalism". Times of India. Jan 27, 2004. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- India's Changing Innovative System. p. 182.
- Ekbal, Nikhat (2009). Great Muslims of undivided India. p. 104. ISBN 8178357569.
- "IE photo of padma bhushan to CAG".
- http://www.pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=102735. Missing or empty
- "Diageo's Indian-origin CEO Ivan Menezes to get up to Rs. 105-cr pay package". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- Bhattacharjea, Aditya and Chatterji, Lola (2000). The Fiction of St. Stephen. p. 65. ISBN 9788175300309.
- Chowdhury, Shreya Roy (Nov 22, 2012). "Stephen's bars Life of Pi star Suraj Sharma from taking exams". Times Of India. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Singh, Veenu (July 20, 2013). "Personal agenda: Konkona Sen Sharma, actress". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 13 Oct 2013.
- "Safdar Hashmi". Sahmat. Retrieved 29 Oct 2013.
- "Chat with author Amitav Ghosh". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Merchandising Gandhi". Ramchandran Guha. Hindustan Times. 6 October 2009.
- Guha, Ramachandra (6 October 2009). "Hardselling Gandhi®". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
In 20 years of studying Gandhi, I have had as friends and advisers, three brothers who grew up in a flat in Connaught Place owned by the Hindustan Times (of which paper their father was then the editor). They all went to the same school (Modern) and college (St Stephen’s), and all had a deep scholarly interest in the life and legacy of Gandhi
- Bahuguna, Urvashi (September 12, 2012). "A Careful Listener". Helter Skelter. retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Bhattacharjea, Aditya and Chatterji, Lola (2000). The Fiction of St. Stephen. pp. xviii. ISBN 9788175300309.
- "PFamous St. Stephen's College, Delhi Alumni". Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Ajit Bhattacharjea dead". The Hindu. April 5, 2011. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Swapan Dasgupta body". Australia India Institute. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Barkha Dutt". Brown University. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Barkha Dutt twitter status". 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Sagarika Ghose (2010-03-24). "Sagarika Ghose from HarperCollins Publishers". Harper Collins. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Glorifying India’s diverse culture on the celluloid screen". Indian Express. May 18, 2002.[dead link]
- Jaitly, Ashok (2006). St. Stephen's College: a history. Lotus Collection, Roli Books. p. 82. ISBN 8174364439.
- "Alumni Cell, St. Stephen's College".
- "Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine". Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Madhumita Puri, George Abraham (2004). Handbook of Inclusive Education for Educators, Administrators and Planners. p. 301. ISBN 9780761932666.